Geoffrey Simmons (born 1943) is a medical doctor, author, lecturer, trainer and intelligent design advocate from Eugene, Oregon. He has a BS in biology from the University of Illinois and received an M.D. from the University of Illinois Medical School in 1969. He is a doctor of internal medicine for the PeaceHealth Medical Group in Eugene, boarded in internal medicine and disaster medicine.
Simmons is a fellow at the Center for Science and Culture, part of the Discovery Institute. He toured with PSSI in Spain with the Spanish version of What Darwin Didn't Know, to five cities: Barcelona, Málaga, Madrid, León and Vigo, nine lectures altogether. He has lectured at college campuses, churches and synagogues. Simmons also teaches disaster preparedness locally, regionally and nationally. He is a Governor on the Board of Governors for the American Academy of Disaster Medicine and an Advisor to FEMA on the Advisory COuncil for FEMA Region X. He is a CERT trainer and volunteer CERT Coordinator for the City of Eugene. He has lectured at the IAEM and NASA. His newest book Common Sense and Disaster Preparedness will be published by the Journal of Emergency Management (JEM), Fall 2010.
Simmons has written nine books, four fiction, two medical spoofs, and two books about the creation-evolution controversy, published by a Christian publishing house and promotes intelligent design. In 2008, he debated evolutionary biologist PZ Myers, among many professors, on KKMS radio. He has done other radio interviews, such as on Coast to Coast AM in 2007
- The Glue Factory. (Beckett Publishing Company, November 1, 1995) (Illustrated by Ray Broderick) ISBN 1-4392-3053-6
- What Darwin Didn't Know: A Doctor Dissects the Theory of Evolution . (Harvest Publishers, January 1, 2004) (Foreword by William Dembski) ISBN 0-7369-1313-0
- Billions of Missing Links: A Rational Look at the Mysteries Evolution Can't Explain. (Harvest House Publishers, February 15, 2007) ISBN 0-7369-1746-2
The Z Papers, Arbor House and Bantam, 1970s The Adam Experiment, Arbor House and Berkley, 1970s Pandemic, Arbor House and Berkley, 1980s. MURDOCK, Arbor House, 1980s The Glue Factory factor, Beckett, 1990s To Glue or Not To Glue. Beckett, 1990s Common Sense and Disaster Preparedness, Journal of Emergency Management, Fall 2010
- "Geoffrey Simmons CSC Fellow". Center for Science and Culture. 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-17.
- "Physician Profile on Dr. Simmons". HealthGrades, Inc. 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-17.[permanent dead link]
- "Are Darwin's Theories Fact or Faith Issues?". Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science. 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-05-17. Retrieved 2008-05-17.
- Evolution, Darwin, & Intelligent Design, Coast to Coast AM, March 20, 2007
- "Intelligent Design Conference at Nov. 11, 2007 Bellevue Church of Christ" (PDF). Bellevue Church of Christ. Nov 11, 2007. Retrieved 2008-05-17.