Geoffrey Tordoff, Baron Tordoff
Geoffrey Johnson Tordoff, Baron Tordoff (born 11 October 1928) is a British businessman and politician.
The son of Stanley Acomb Tordoff, he was educated at Manchester Grammar School and the University of Manchester. Tordoff worked for Shell from 1950 to 1983, first as marketing executive of Shell Chemicals, then as public affairs manager for Shell UK. Between 1986 and 1992 he was Honorary President of the British Youth Council. From 1990 to 1994 he was chair of the Middle East Committee of the Refugee Council. He was a member of the Press Complaints Commission between 1995 and 2002.
He was elected President of the Liberal Party for 1984-1985.
In 1953 he married Mary Patricia Swarbrick (died 11 April 2013). They had three daughters and two sons.
- The London Gazette: . 14 May 1981.
- Lord Tordoff – UK Parliament
- http://announce.jpress.co.uk/26078514?s_source=jpno_leed Yorkshire Post, 20 April 2013
- Lord Tordoff profile at the site of Liberal Democrats
- "DodOnline". Archived from the original on 2006-10-03. Retrieved 2007-03-10.
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
The Lord MacKay of Ardbrecknish
|Chairman of Committees, House of Lords
2001 – 2002
The Lord Brabazon of Tara
|Party political offices|
|Chairman of the Liberal Party
|President of the Liberal Party