Geography of Gujarat
- West Banas
- Sarsvati River
- Gondali River
- The Indus River Delta-Arabian Sea mangroves are found in tidal areas bordering the Gulf of Kutch and Gulf of Khambat, as well as in the Indus River Delta of neighboring Sind province of Pakistan.
- Kathiarbar-Gir dry deciduous forests cover the eastern portion of the state, extending into adjacent portions of Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh, with a pocket on the peak of Girnar in the central Kathiawar. The natural vegetation is a dry deciduous forest with trees up to 25 meters in height, with areas of thorn scrub. The vegetation has been much altered by centuries of intensive agriculture and grazing.
- The North Western Ghats moist deciduous forests cover the Western Ghats range in the extreme southeastern portion of Gujarat. The natural vegetation are diverse multistoried rain forests with trees of up to 45 meters in height, along with understory herbs, shrubs and trees, lianas, and ephiphytes.
- Northwestern thorn scrub forests cover the Kathiawar Peninsula and the upland portion of Kutch District, extending north into Rajasthan. The natural vegetation is open thorn scrub.
- The Rann of Kutch is a large seasonal salt marsh in the northwestern portion of Gujarat.
Mandvi Beach - Kutch - Mandvi Wind Farms Beach and Wind-mills, which line the horizon of Mandvi, offer views from the Mandvi sea-beach. The Wind mills projects running in this beach was Asia's 1st Wind-Mills Projects in 1983.
Chorwad Beach - Chorwad Beach of Gujarat is another beach situated on the west coast of India. It is situated at a distance of 66 km from Junagadh. Chorwad has a high potential of attracting both domestic as well as international tourists. The beach consists of rocky hills and presents an opportunity for boat rides.
Diu Beach - Diu beach is situated off the Saurashtra coast and is connected to the state of Gujarat via a causeway. Diu is a secluded island and does not have much population.
Gopnath Beach - Gopnath Beach is situated in the Bhavnagar district of Gujarat. It comes into Talaja Taluka. It is located on the coast of the Gulf of Kambhat, at a distance of 75 km from the city of Bhavnagar. and 22 km. away from Talaja. The Fort of the King of Gohilvad is situated in Gopnath.
Kutch Mandvi Beach — Kutch Mandvi is an important beach in Gujarat, situated at Mandvi. Mandvi is the historic port town of Maharao of Kutch, located at a distance of 75 km from Bhuj. Kutch Mandvi was once inhabited by the Maharao of Kutch and was an important seaport.
Umbergam Beach - Umargam is about 6 km from Umargam Road railway station on Mumbai-Surat rail section . This region was a part of Thane district prior to the creation of Gujarat in 1960.
Umargam is situated on the southern bank of Nargol creek. It was a small village about two centuries ago, serving as a transit point for exporting marine produce from the fishing port Nargol on the Northern Bank of the creek.
Tithal Beach (Valsad) Tithal beach 5 km from Valsad.
- Wikramanayake, Eric; Eric Dinerstein; Colby J. Loucks; et al. (2002). Terrestrial Ecoregions of the Indo-Pacific: a Conservation Assessment. Washington, DC: Island Press.