Georg, Duke of Hohenberg
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Duke of Hohenberg|
|Predecessor||Franz, Duke of Hohenberg|
|Heir apparent||Prince Nikolaus|
25 April 1929 |
|Spouse(s)||Princess Eleonore of Auersperg-Breunner|
|Father||Maximilian, Duke of Hohenberg|
|Mother||Countess Elisabeth von Waldburg zu Wolfegg und Waldsee|
|House of Hohenberg|
HH The Duke
Georg, Duke of Hohenberg (born 25 April 1929), is a grandson of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his morganatic wife Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg. He is the senior agnate of the House of Habsburg-Lorraine.
He was born at Artstetten Castle in the community of Artstetten-Pöbring, Lower Austria, on 25 April 1929. He is the second son of Maximilian, Duke of Hohenberg and Countess Elisabeth von Waldburg zu Wolfegg und Waldsee.
He was born Prince Georg of Hohenberg, but on 16 August 1977, upon the death of his elder brother, Franz, Duke of Hohenberg, Prince Georg became the 3rd Duke of Hohenberg and Head of the House of Hohenberg. Georg Hohenberg was a diplomat and was appointed Ambassador of the Republic of Austria to several countries, with his last appointment being to the Holy See during the pontificate of Pope John Paul II.
Georg, Duke of Hohenberg is a Bailiff Grand Cross of Justice of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George.
On 4 July 1960, Duke Georg married (civilly) Princess Eleonore of Auersperg-Breunner in Vienna, and on 8 September 1960 (religiously) at Schloss Wald. The couple have three children and seven grandchildren:
- Prince Nikolaus of Hohenberg (3 July 1961) married Countess Marie Elisabeth of Westphalen-Furstenberg (7 August 1963) on 6 May 1989. They have four children:
- Prince Karl of Hohenberg (24 June 1991)
- Princess Johanna of Hohenberg (13 June 1993)
- Princess Theresia of Hohenberg (23 February 1996)
- Princess Sophie of Hohenberg (20 April 2000)
- Princess Henriette of Hohenberg (9 November 1962)
- Prince Maximilian of Hohenberg (25 January 1970) married Emilia Oliva Oliva (29 July 1971) on 9 September 2000. They have three children:
- Prince Nikolaus of Hohenberg (7 November 2001)
- Princess Louise of Hohenberg (21 February 2004)
- Prince Leopold of Hohenberg (13 November 2006)
- Two Sicilian Royal Family: Bailiff Knight Grand Cross of Justice of the Two Sicilian Royal Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George
|Ancestors of Georg, Duke of Hohenberg|
|Titles in pretence|
|— TITULAR —
Duke of Hohenberg