Georg Feuerstein (27 May 1947 – 25 August 2012) was a German Indologist specializing on Yoga. Feuerstein authored over 30 books on mysticism, Yoga, Tantra, and Hinduism. He translated, among other traditional texts, the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Bhagavad Gita.
Feuerstein was born in Würzburg, Germany. He moved to England to do his postgraduate research at Durham University  and subsequently lived for 23 years in the United States. In 2004, Georg and his wife and spiritual partner, Brenda L Feuerstein, moved to Saskatchewan, Canada and in 2012 he became a citizen of Canada, where he died 25 August 2012.
Ken Wilber has called him both "probably Gebser's foremost American interpreter" as well as "...a scholar-practitioner of the first magnitude, an extremely important and valuable voice for the perennial philosophy, and arguably the foremost authority on Yoga today."
||This article contains a list of works that does not follow the Manual of Style for lists of works (often, though not always, due to being in reverse-chronological order) and may need cleanup. (March 2015)|
- Buddhism: An Outline of Its Teachings and Schools with Hans Wolfgang Schumann, (Georg Feuerstein, Translator) Quest Books (1987) ISBN 0-8356-0452-7
- The Deeper Dimension of Yoga, Shambhala (2003), ISBN 1-57062-935-8
- Encyclopedic Dictionary of Yoga , Paragon House (July 1990), ISBN 1-55778-245-8
- Enlightened Sexuality: Essays on Body-Positive Spirituality (Editor)
- Essence of Yoga: A Contribution to the Psychohistory of Indian Civilization (Coauthored with Jeanine Miller)
- Green Yoga (Coauthored with Brenda Feuerstein), Traditional Yoga Studies (2007), ISBN 978-0-9782138-2-4
- Holy Madness: The Shock Tactics and Radical Teachings of Crazy-Wise Adepts, Holy Fools, and Rascal Gurus, Paragon House, 1991, ISBN 1-55778-250-4; Hohm Press; Rev & Expand edition Holy Madness: Spirituality, Crazy-Wise Teachers, And Enlightenment, (June 15, 2006) ISBN 1-890772-54-2
- Humor Suddenly Returns: Essays on the Spiritual Teaching of Master Da Free John: A Scholarly Tribute (Editor)
- In Search of the Cradle of Civilization: New Light on Ancient India (Coauthored with Subhash Kak and David Frawley)
- Introduction to the Bhagavad-Gîtâ: Its philosophy and cultural setting
- Jean Gebser: What Color Is Your Consciousness
- Living Yoga: A Comprehensive Guide for Daily Life (Coedited with Stephan Bodian)
- The Lost Teachings of Yoga (Audio CD) (2003) ISBN 1-59179-009-3
- Lucid Waking: Mindfulness and the Spiritual Potential of Humanity
- The Mystery of Light: Life and Teaching of Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov
- Philosophy of Classical Yoga
- The Psychology of Yoga (2013)
- A Reappraisal of Yoga: Essays in Indian philosophy
- Sacred Sexuality: The Erotic Spirit in the World’s Great Religions
- Science of Reality (Editor)
- Shambhala Encyclopedia of Yoga
- Shambhala Guide to Yoga
- Structures of Consciousness: The Genius of Jean Gebser: An Introduction and Critique
- Tantra: The Path of Ecstasy, Shambhala (1998), ISBN 1-57062-304-X
- Teachings of Yoga
- Textbook of Yoga
- Voices on the Threshold of Tomorrow: 145 Views of the New Millennium (Coedited with Trisha Lamb Feuerstein)
- Wholeness or Transcendence?
- Yoga and beyond: Essays in Indian philosophy
- Yoga for Dummies
- Yoga Gems: A Treasury of Practical and Spiritual Wisdom from Ancient and Modern Masters (Editor)
- The Yoga Tradition: Its History, Literature, Philosophy and Practice, with a foreword by Ken Wilber for first edition and by Subhash Kak for second edition, Hohm Press (2001) ISBN 1-890772-18-6
- The Yoga-Sûtra of Patanjali: A New Translation and Commentary, Inner Traditions International; Rochester, Vermont, 1989
- Yoga Wisdom: Teachings on Happiness, Peace, and Freedom
- Georg Feuerstein A Teacher, author and profound wisdom source of the Yoga tradition
- Aug 26. "yoga scholar georg feuerstein dead at 65". Itsallyogababy.com. Retrieved 2012-09-11.
- Second Response to Allan Combs
- "The Philosophy of Classical Yoga". The Listener 103: 661. 1980.
- Online Center for Traditional Yoga Studies
- Green Dharma, offered by Dr. Feuerstein and co-author, Brenda Feuerstein, as a free download
- The Divine Mother: A Philosophical and Personal Quest
- Theory into Practice an interview with ascent magazine.