|This article does not cite any references (sources). (November 2008)|
He was 2nd secretary of the Penza Oblast committee of CPSU (1961—1964, 1965—1986), secretary of the Penza Oblast committee of CPSU (1964—1965), 1-st deputy chairman of Soviet culture fund board (1986–1991), deputy chairman of Russian culture fund (1991–1992).
He made major contributions to creation of new culture objects (museums, monuments etc.), sport institutions, teenage-clubs and recreation areas, that improved Penza region reputation and popularity.
Working in culture fund Myasnikov furthered new museums foundation, charitable funds, publishing branch. Took steps for development of inter-national cultural relationship and returning of cultural values to USSR.
Author of several articles, two books on Penza oblast and diary which were partially published after his death.
He was awarded:
- Order of the October Revolution
- Two Orders of the Red Banner of Labour
- Order of Friendship of Peoples
- Order of the Badge of Honour
- Jubilee Medal "In Commemoration of the 100th Anniversary since the Birth of Vladimir Il'ich Lenin"
- Medal "For the Defence of Moscow"
- Medal "For Valiant Labour in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Jubilee Medal "Thirty Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Jubilee Medal "Forty Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945"
- Medal "Veteran of Labour"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 800th Anniversary of Moscow"