George 'Jocka' Todd
|George 'Jocka' Todd|
|Full name||George Todd|
|Date of birth||10 January 1903|
|Date of death||13 August 1986(aged 83)|
|Height / weight||185 cm / 79 kg|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1934.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
George was recruited from Queenscliff Football Club and played mainly at centre half-forward before transferring to the back line where he played the majority of his games as full back. He possessed outstanding skills and at times was unbeatable. He had the ability to punch the ball away from his opponents no matter how high they were in the air, and played in an era of some of the great full-forwards. His judgement was superb. A master of the drop kick he frequently landed the ball in the centre of the ground. Noted for his fair play, he was never ruffled under pressure.
- Holmesby, Russell; Main, Jim (2007). The Encyclopedia Of AFL Footballers. BAS Publishing. ISBN 9781920910785.
- Ross, John (1999). The Australian Football Hall of Fame. Australia: HarperCollinsPublishers. p. 128. ISBN 0-7322-6426-X.
- "Club History - Terang Mortlake Football Netball Club". Fox Sports Pulse. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "Australian Football Hall of Fame - Players". AFL.com.au. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- George 'Jocka' Todd's statistics from AFL Tables
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1900s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|