George A. Elliott
|George A. Elliott|
|Institutions||University of Toronto, University of Copenhagen|
|Alma mater||University of Toronto, Queen's University at Kingston|
|Doctoral advisor||Israel Halperin|
|Notable awards||Fellow of American Mathematical Society, 2012|
George Arthur Elliott (born 1945) is a Canadian mathematician specializing in operator algebras, K-theory, and non-commutative geometry. He is a professor at the University of Toronto Department of Mathematics, and holds a Canada Research Chair.
He was an invited speaker at the International Congress of Mathematicians, Zurich–1994.
Awards and Honours
- 1982 Elected as Fellow of Royal Society of Canada.
- 1996 CRM/Fields Institute Prize
- 1996-1998 Killam Research Fellow.
- 1998 Jeffery–Williams Prize.
- 1999 John L. Synge Award.
- 2012 Fellow of the American Mathematical Society.
- "Faculty". University of Toronto Department of Mathematics. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- ICM Plenary and Invited Speakers since 1897
- George A. Elliott. The classification problem for amenable C*-algebras
- fr:Liste des membres de la Société royale du Canada (1946-1985)
- CRM/Fields Institute Prize
- fr:Liste des boursiers Killam, par ordre alphabétique E
- List of Killam Research Fellows
- Jeffery–Williams Prize
- John L. Synge Award Archived March 13, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2012-12-02.
|This article about a Canadian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|