George A. Elliott
George A. Elliott
|Alma mater||University of Toronto, Queen's University at Kingston|
|Awards||Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada 1982, |
Killam Research Fellow, 1996–1998.
|Institutions||University of Toronto, University of Copenhagen|
|Doctoral advisor||Israel Halperin|
George Arthur Elliott Canadian mathematician specializing in operator algebras, K-theory, and non-commutative geometry. He is a professor at the University of Toronto Department of Mathematics, and holds a Canada Research Chair.(born 1945) is a
He was an invited speaker at the International Congress of Mathematicians, Zurich–1994.
Awards and Honours
- 1982 Elected as Fellow of Royal Society of Canada.
- 1996 CRM/Fields Institute Prize
- 1996-1998 Killam Research Fellow.
- 1998 Jeffery–Williams Prize.
- 1999 John L. Synge Award.
- 2012 Fellow of the American Mathematical Society.
- 2019 Fellow of the Canadian Mathematical Society
- "Faculty". University of Toronto Department of Mathematics. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- ICM Plenary and Invited Speakers since 1897
- "George A. Elliott. The classification problem for amenable C*-algebras" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-04-23. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- fr:Liste des membres de la Société royale du Canada (1946-1985)
- CRM/Fields Institute Prize
- fr:Liste des boursiers Killam, par ordre alphabétique E
- List of Killam Research Fellows
- Jeffery–Williams Prize
- John L. Synge Award Archived March 13, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2012-12-02.
- Canadian Mathematical Society’s Second Inaugural Class of Fellows Announced, Canadian Mathematical Society, retrieved 2020-01-06
|This article about a Canadian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|