George B. Throop
George Bliss Throop (April 12, 1793 in Johnstown, then in Montgomery Co., now in Fulton County, New York – February 23, 1854 in Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan) was an American lawyer and politician from New York and Michigan.
On August 23, 1815, he married Abigail Hawley Bostwick (1792–1825). On April 10, 1826, he married Frances Hunt (1806–1872), and they had five children.
He was Clerk of Cayuga County from 1821 to 1825, Postmaster of Auburn, and Cashier of the Cayuga County Bank.
About 1836, he removed to Detroit to pursue his banking interests. He was a member of the Michigan House of Representatives in 1847.
His older brother was Gov. Enos T. Throop (1784–1874). After their father's death, their mother married George W. Hatch, and among their children were Congressman Israel T. Hatch (1808–1875) and Eliza Hatch (1800–1885) who married first Congressman Gershom Powers (1789–1831) and then Judge William B. Rochester (1789–1838).
- The New York Civil List compiled by Franklin Benjamin Hough (pages 127ff, 146 and 386; Weed, Parsons and Co., 1858)
- Lives of the Governors of the State of New York by John Stilwell Jenkins ("Enos T. Throop"; Auburn, 1851; pg. 478ff)
- Throop genealogy
- George Bliss Throop Sr. at Find a Grave [gives wrong years, misreading "1791" instead of 1794]
- Abiah (Thompson, Throop) Hatch at Find a Grave
- Mehetable (Throop) Martin at Find a Grave (his sister)
|New York State Senate|
|New York State Senate
Seventh District (Class 1)
Jehiel H. Halsey