George Barrington (Royal Navy officer)
|Born||20 November 1794|
|Died||2 June 1835 (aged 40)|
Born the son of Reverend George Barrington, 5th Viscount Barrington of Ardglass, Barrington served in the Royal Navy becoming Fourth Naval Lord in 1830. He was elected at the 1832 general election as a Member of Parliament (MP) for Sunderland, but resigned his seat in 1833 through the procedural device of appointment as Steward of the Chiltern Hundreds.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "S" (part 6)
- The Peerage.com
- Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty British History on Line
- Craig, F. W. S. (1989) . British parliamentary election results 1832–1885 (2nd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. p. 295. ISBN 0-900178-26-4.
- "No. 19037". The London Gazette. 9 April 1833. p. 690.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by George Barrington
| Fourth Naval Lord
Sir Maurice Berkeley
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|New constituency|| Member of Parliament for Sunderland
With: Sir William Chaytor, Bt
Sir William Chaytor, Bt