George Brock (journalist)
|Born||7 November 1951|
|Institutions||Yorkshire Evening Press, The Observer, The Times, City University London|
|Alma mater||Corpus Christi College, Oxford|
George Brock (born 7 November 1951) is a Professor of Journalism at City University London. He held the position of Head of Department from September 2009 to September 2014.
Since beginning his career in 1973 as a reporter for the Yorkshire Evening Press, Brock was a journalist for The Observer (1976–1981) and The Times (1981–2008), where he held positions from foreign correspondent to managing editor.
Brock has been President of the World Editors Forum (2004–2008) where he still sits as a board member. He was also a member of the board for The Times Newspapers Ltd (1997–2004) and has frequently written for papers in the US, Poland, and Sweden.He is on the International Press Institute board and chair of the IPI British section.
- Trelford, Donald; Brock, George (1980). Siege six days at the Iranian Embassy. New York: Macmillan. ISBN 0-333-30951-0.
- Brock, George; Wapshott, Nicholas (1983). Thatcher. London: Macdonald. ISBN 0-356-09503-7.
- Brock, George (2013). Out of Print: Newspapers, Journalism and the Business of News in the Digital Age. Kogan Page. ISBN 978-0749466510.
- Official website
- "George Brock: Is News Over?" (text). Inaugural lecture. 17 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- "Is 'News' Over? - City University London" (video). Inaugural lecture of George Brock. 17 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- "Prof. George Brock". City University London. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- Rebecca Attwood (3 September 2009). "Times change". Times Higher Education. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- Judith Townend (9 July 2009). "George Brock to replace Monck as head of journalism at City University". journalism.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- "Board Members". World Editors Forum. Retrieved 2010-09-16.