George Burleigh (swimmer)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Died||1984 (aged 69–70)|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
Early life and education
From 1930 to 1938, Burleigh held every Canadian record in freestyle swimming ranging from the 50 yd freestyle to the mile freestyle. During this time period, he won a total of 7 medals at the British Empire Games.
Awards and achievements
- COMMONWEALTH GAMES MEDALLISTS - SWIMMING AND DIVING (MEN) Retrieved 27 March 2017
- McCarty, Cressy A.M. (July 1945). "A Swimming Flashback - George Burleigh". Swim Canada. Vol. 5 no. 45. p. 7. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Commonwealth Games Federation - Search Atheletes, Games, Countries, Medals and Games Results". Commonwealth Games Federation. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Canadian Olympic Hall of Fame". olympic.ca. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Swim - Ontario Hall of Fame". Swim Ontario. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Canada's Sports Hall of Fame". sportshall.ca. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
|This Canadian swimming biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|