George Caffentzis (born 1945) is an American political philosopher and an autonomist Marxist. He founded the Midnight Notes Collective, is a founder member of the co-ordinator of the Committee for Academic Freedom in Africa and a professor of philosophy at the University of Southern Maine.
- Throwing away the ladder: the universities in the crisis, Libcom.org, undated
- An Introduction to Class Struggle in the US, 1973-1998, 1998
- Is Truth Enough?, Libcom.org, 2004
- The Petroleum Commons, CounterPunch, 2004
- No Blood for Oil, 2004
- Notes on the edu–factory and Cognitive Capitalism, European Institute for Progressive Cultural Practices, 2007 (with Silvia Federici)
- Autonomous Universities and the Making of the Knowledge Commons, The Commoner, 2008
- Academic Freedom & the War on Terror: A Lobster Tale, The Commoner, 2008
- Starvation Politics: From Ancient Egypt to the Present Day, Turbulence, 2008
- John Locke - The Philosopher of Primitive Accumulation, Bristol Radical Pamphleteer #5, 2008
- Everything must change so that everything can stay the same’: Notes on Obama’s Energy Plan’, Turbulence, 2009
- Network of Resistance to the "Structural Adjustment" of US Universities, the Edu-Factory, 2009 (with Silvia Federici)
- The World Bank and the Double Crisis of African Universities, The Edu-Factory, 2010
- University Struggles at the End of the Edu-Deal, Mute Magazine, 2010
|Library resources about |
|By George Caffentzis|
- Parole abusate, monete tosate e governo civile. La filosofia del denaro di John Locke, Instituto dell' Enciclopedia Italiana fondata da Giovanni Trecanni, Rome, Italy, 1988.
- Clipped Coins, Abused Words and Civil Government: John Locke's Philosophy of Money (New York: Autonomedia/ Semiotext(e) Press, 1989).
- Midnight Oil: Work, Energy, War, 1973–1992, (New York: Autonomedia, 1992) (co-edited). A chapter from Midnight Oil, "Introduction to The New Enclosures," was reprinted in David Solnit (ed.), Globalize Liberation: How to Uproot the System and Build a Better World (San Francisco: City Lights Books, 2004), pp. 61–72.
- A Thousand Flowers: Social Struggles Against Structural Adjustment in African Universities, (Trenton, NJ: Africa World Press, 2000) (co-edited).
- Exciting the Industry of Mankind: George Berkeley's Philosophy of Money (Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000).
- Auroras of the Zapatistas: Local and Global Struggles in the Fourth World War, (New York: Autonomedia, 2001) (co-edited).
- In Letters of Blood and Fire: Work, Machines, and Value, (Oakland: PM Press, 2013).