George Carnegie, 9th Earl of Northesk
He was born the son of William Carnegie, 8th Earl of Northesk and Georgiana Maria Elliot on 1 December 1843. He died on 9 September 1891 at age 47.
Lord Rosehill, as he then was, was commissioned into the 1st Dragoons in 1862, but transferred to the Scots Fusilier Guards as a Lieutenant later the same year. He was promoted Captain in 1866 and Lieutenant-Colonel in 1873. He retired in 1874.
He married Elizabeth Georgina Frances Elliot, daughter of Admiral Sir George Elliot and Hersey Susan Sydney Wauchope, on 28 February 1865 and had four children.
- Helen Alice Carnegie (d. 18 May 1908), who married Francis Lacey
- David John Carnegie, 10th Earl of Northesk (1 December 1865 – 5 December 1921)
- Lt.-Col. Hon. Douglas George Carnegie (4 January 1870 – 27 February 1937)
- Lieutenant Ian Ludovic Andrew Carnegie (30 September 1881 – 4 January 1909)
- "George John Carnegie, 9th Earl of Northesk". National Portrait Gallery.
|Peerage of Scotland|
| Earl of Northesk
|This article about a Scottish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an earl in the Peerage of Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|