George Craig (musician)
11 July 1990|
Essex , United Kingdom
|Origin||Helmsley, North Yorkshire, England|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, singer-songwriter, model|
George Craig joined One Night Only in 2003. The band had their first top ten hit with "Just For Tonight" in 2008 and shortly after released their first album, Started a Fire. The next single off the album was "It's About Time", which peaked in the UK Singles Chart at number 37 and remained in the chart for one week. July 2008 saw the re-release of "You and Me" which failed to reach the top 40.
The band then took time off to record, during this time they announced the departure of their drummer Sam Ford and that his replacement would be George's brother James. In May 2010, One Night Only released their first single off their second album, "Say You Don't Want It". The video featured Emma Watson, after they met on a Burberry campaign photoshoot, and was shot in New York. The band released their second album One Night Only, in the summer of 2010.
One Night Only then released "Can You Feel It?" as part of a Coca-Cola campaign in 2011. It was used in Coca-Cola's TV adverts worldwide. On 4 May 2012, the band released their single "Long Time Coming" alongside Burberry as part of their Eyewear Campaign.
In 2015, he released the single "Perfect wave", a duet with Diana Vickers written by him, as part of the soundtrack for the movie "The perfect wave" starring Vickers.
Modelling and other work
Craig first modelled for Burberry in 2008 in their Spring/Summer campaign. He also appeared alongside Emma Watson in the 2010 Burberry Spring/Summer Campaign, and was also involved in Burberry's Eyewear Campaign in 2012. He later modelled for Urban Outfitters. In 2014 and 2015 he modelled for Joshua Kane, starring in the campaign (partly with Diana Vickers) and on the runway shows.
In 2016, he released a cook book "Feeding friends" (renamed "Cooking for friends" in the USA) with Terry Edwards with whom he had formed the culinary duo Terry & George.
He used to manage other rockbands such as Hello Operator and also Counterfeit where his brother James, drummer of One night only, is also the drummer.
Since 2016, he owns Jimmy's, a music venue and bar in the Northern Quarter of Manchester, with his brother James.
He was born in Essex to Louise and Richard Craig and has one older brother. He moved to Helmsley at the age of five and is a fan of Middlesbrough F.C. He moved to London at the start of 2011 and lived with his bandmates Mark and Dan (guitar player and bassist of One Night Only).
He has previously dated actress Emma Watson. From 2011 until 2015, he was in a long-term-relationship with former X-Factor star, Diana Vickers. He currently lives in Manchester with his girlfriend, blogger Megan Ellaby.
- "One Night Only - Music Interview". Digital Spy. 2008-02-01. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- "Renegade | Release information | One Night Only: Started A Fire". Music-house.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- "One Night Only - It's About Time - Music Charts". Acharts.us. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- "One Night Only News - One Night Only finish second album". Artists.letssingit.com. 2010-03-19. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- "Emma Watson Stars In Boyfriend's Music Video 'Say You Don't Want It' (VIDEO)". Huffingtonpost.com. 2010-06-28. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- "Press Releases". The Coca-Cola Company. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- "Burberry Presents: One Night Only - 'Long Time Coming'". Dualshow.com. 2012-05-04. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- "Christopher Bailey Talls Burberry Models (Vogue.com UK)". Vogue.co.uk. 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- "Urban Outfitters A/W13 Campaign".