George Danzer at the WSOP
17 July 1983|
São Paulo, Brazil
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|European Poker Tour|
George Danzer (born 17 July 1983 in São Paulo, Brazil) is a German professional poker player, based in Salzburg, Austria who is a four-time World Series of Poker bracelets winner, winning the inaugural $10,000 Seven Card Razz Championship and then the $10,000 Seven-Card Stud High-Low Championship at the 2014 World Series of Poker. He won his third bracelet winning the $5,000 Mixed Event 8-Game event at the 2014 World Series of Poker Asia Pacific. His total live tournament winnings exceed $1.9 million 
World Series of Poker
At the 2006 World Series of Poker Main Event, he became known as the player who is seen receiving a series of bad beats at the Main Event, which resulted in increasing the stack of the then chip leader Dmitri Nobles. During the ESPN broadcast Danzer is seen leaving the table to steam off, only to return and congratulate his opponent.
He made the final table at the 2007 World Series of Poker in the $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Low Split-8 or Better event outlasting 678 players in his ninth-place finish.
At the 2010 World Series of Poker, Danzer finished 3rd in the $10,000 2–7 Draw Lowball Championship in a field of 101 players for $115,295 behind runner-up Eric Cloutier and the winner David "Bakes" Baker.
At the 2012 World Series of Poker, he finished 2nd in the $2,500 Omaha/Seven Card Stud Hi-Low 8 or Better event $140,825 behind the winner Oleksii Kovalchuk and then finished 3rd in the $10,000 No-Limit 2-7 Single Draw event for $115,295 behind runner-up Mike Wattel and winner Nick Schulman.
At the 2014 World Series of Poker, Danzer won his first bracelet by winning the $10,000 Seven Card Razz event for $294,792. He later won his second bracelet by winning the $10,000 Seven-Card Stud High-Low Championship event, earning $352,696.  He won his third bracelet by winning the AU$5,000 8-Game Mixed event at the 2014 World Series of Poker Asia Pacific, earning AU$84,600. 
He won his 4th WSOP braclet is 2016 in the $10,000 Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo Split-8 or Better Championship for $338,646.
As of 2017, his total live tournament winnings exceed $2,700,000.
World Series of Poker bracelets
|2014||$10,000 Seven Card Razz||$294,792|
|2014||$10,000 Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo Split-8 or Better||$352,696|
|2014A||$5,000 Mixed Event 8-Game||$84,600|
|2016||$10,000 Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo Split-8 or Better||$338,646|
An "A" following a year denotes bracelet(s) won at the World Series of Poker Asia-Pacific
As a member of Team PokerStars Pro, Danzer plays under his own name "GeorgeDanzer" among his highlights online are two World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) titles, the first in the 2009 WCOOP $320 Pot Limit Omaha [1 Rebuy/1 Add-on, 6-max] event for $109,545 and his second in the 2012 WCOOP $320 No Limit Hold’em [Ante Up] event for $69,717.09 and four Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP) titles his first was in 2010 winning the $162 Fixed-Limit Badugi (Medium) event for $10,345.70, in the 2012 SCOOP he won his 2nd and 3rd title, the $2,100 NL Single Draw 2-7 (High) event for $34,040 and then the $2,100 NL Hold'em [4-Max] (High) event for $155,000 then winning his fourth SCOOP title in the $2,100 PL Omaha [Turbo, Zoom] (High) event for $129,645.
- Feldman, Andrew (2014-06-09). "Danzer finally gets his WSOP win". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- Fast, Erik (2014-06-20). "George Danzer Wins Second Bracelet Of 2014 In WSOP $10,000 Stud Eight-or-Better Championship". CardPlayer.com. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- Willis, Brad (2014-06-09). "WSOP 2014: George Danzer wins first WSOP bracelet". pokerstarsblog.com. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "George Danzer". Archived from the original on 2014-03-23. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- Grant, Sarah (2013-05-13). "Seat Open: George Danzer Part One". pokernews.com. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- "George Danzer - results". .thehendonmob.com. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- Papre, Penne Anne (2012-07-01). "Oleksii Kovalchuk Wins $2,500 Buy-In Mixed-Split – Seven-Card Stud/Omaha, Event #42". PokerWorks.com. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- Cox, Diana (2012-07-12). "WSOP: Schulman Wins $10,000 No Limit Deuce-to-Seven Again". Bluff.com. Archived from the original on 2014-08-29. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Event #5 - WSOP Omaha & 7 Card Stud 8 or Better Results & Report". Pokerpages.com. Archived from the original on 2014-06-03. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "WSOP NEWS: GEORGE DANZER WINS SECOND GOLD BRACELET THIS YEAR". www.wsop.com. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- "2014 WSOP APAC Day 11: Danzer Wins His Third Bracelet; Reinkemeier Leads Main Event". Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- "George Danzer Wins 2014 World Series of Poker Player of the Year". Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- George Danzer results at Hendon Mob Accessed July 27, 2017
- Doft, Mickey (2010-05-04). "SCOOP Day 2: Santiago, Danzer, and Burbick Capture SCOOP Titles". Poker News. Retrieved 2010-05-24.
- "Online Master George Danzer Wins 4th SCOOP Title". PokerListings.com. 2014-05-15. Retrieved 2014-06-13.