George Foreman III
|George Foreman III|
|Real name||George Edward Foreman III|
|Height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
January 23, 1983 |
Humble, Texas, U.S.
|Wins by KO||15|
George Edward "Monk" Foreman III (born January 23, 1983 in Humble, Texas) is an American boxer, business executive, and television personality. He is the son of former two-time heavyweight champion George Foreman.
As a child, Foreman watched his father train and sat ringside when his father was doing color commentary. He always loved boxing, but never got involved with the sport until his early teens. Foreman attended Fay School in Southborough, Massachusetts. He graduated from Culver Military Academy in Culver, Indiana, in 2001 with a high school diploma, where he played lacrosse.
When he was 19, he went to the gym to do some sparring, but never went back because he did not want his father to find out. His mother, Andre Skeete-Foreman, never thought that he would ever become a boxer because he was so calm and would never lose his temper.
Foreman earned his BBA from Rice University where he studied Business and Sports Management, and went on to serve as the business manager of his father's empire and executive vice president of George Foreman Enterprises, Inc.
Foreman III started training for boxing in July 2009, with very similar training methods to his father – the "torture chamber", in which he dragged a Jeep as far as he could, dug holes, chopped wood and ran to the point of exhaustion.
He made his professional debut stopping Clyde Weaver at 1:16 of the first round. He floored Weaver twice: first with a left to the chin, then with a left to the body, before the referee called a halt to the match. He won his third pro fight on September 26, 2009, at the Coushatta Casino in Kinder, Louisiana, against Marvin Ray Jones by TKO in the first round. He is currently 16–0 in professional boxing as of December 2012. His last bout was on December 6, 2012, in Cancún, Mexico. Analysts have mentioned that George III possesses similarities to his Father's boxing traits, such as his stamina and power. Other analysts have commented that Foreman III has a great combination of Strength, Speed, and Agility. Foreman's power is also evident when looking at his boxing records: he is 16–0 with 15 of his wins having been a KO or TKO and 1 win ending in a unanimous decision.
Professional boxing record
|16 Wins (15 knockouts, 1 decision), 0 Losses, 0 Draws|
|Win||16–0||David Ferraez||TKO||3 (6), 2:52||2012-12-06||Discoteca The City, Cancún, Quintana Roo|
|Win||15–0||David Robinson||TKO||1 (8), 0:33||2012-02-04||Cocopah Casino, Yuma, Arizona|
|Win||14–0||Alonzo Toney||TKO||3 (6), 2:20||2011-10-27||Lonestar Event Center, Tyler, Texas|
|Win||13–0||Shannon Caudle||TKO||1 (6), 1:42||2011-07-30||Hotel Fredonia, Nacogdoches, Texas|
|Win||12–0||Eric Lindsey||KO||1 (6), 2:54||2011-04-09||Convention Center, Hampton, Virginia||Both boxers down once.|
|Win||11–0||Christopher Jones||KO||1 (4), 2:55||2011-02-25||Music Hall, Austin, Texas|
|Win||10–0||David Robinson||TKO||3 (6), 1:00||2010-10-01||Hotel Fredonia, Nacogdoches, Texas|
|Win||9–0||James Johnson||UD||6||2010-08-11||Shooters, Texarkana, Arkansas|
|Win||8–0||Bobby Pickett||RTD||2 (4), 0:10||2010-07-13||Civic Center, Marshall, Texas||Picket down twice in rd one.|
|Win||7–0||Dale Mitchell||RTD||2 (4), 3:00||2010-04-03||Emerald Queen Casino, Tacoma, Washington||Mitchell down in round two.|
|Win||6–0||Robert Vasquez||TKO||1 (4), 2:32||2010-03-25||Coeur d'Alene Casino, Worley, Idaho|
|Win||5–0||Yul Witherspoon||TKO||1 (4), 2:39||2010-01-09||Emerald Queen Casino, Tacoma, Washington|
|Win||4–0||Bradley Moss||TKO||1 (4)||2009-11-14||Youth Center, Cut Off, Louisiana|
|Win||3–0||Marvin Ray Jones||TKO||1 (6), 1:55||2009-09-26||Coushatta Casino Resort, Kinder, Louisiana|
|Win||2–0||George Burrage||TKO||2 (4), 1:10||2009-07-31||Pan American Center, Las Cruces, New Mexico|
|Win||1–0||Clyde Weaver||KO||1 (4), 1:16||2009-06-06||Coushatta Casino Resort, Kinder, Louisiana||Professional debut.|
- "His Father in His Corner, George Foreman III Is Set for Boxing Debut". The New York Times. June 4, 2009. p. B15. Retrieved June 18, 2009.
- Campbell, Steve (June 3, 2009). "George 'Monk' Foreman III set for boxing debut". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved June 16, 2009.
- Di Fino, Nando (June 9, 2009). "Georges I, II, IV and V Get Ringside Seats". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved June 16, 2009.
Holding a business degree from Rice University and helping run his father's grill empire apparently wasn't enough for George 'Monk' Foreman III.
- George Foreman III aims to make his own name in the ring
- "Company to Harness and Leverage Power of George Foreman Brand" (PDF) (Press release). Industry Pro News. August 17, 2004. Retrieved 2009-06-18.
- Kooker, Naomi R. (June 15, 2007). "Foreman throws weight behind healthy dining concept". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved June 18, 2009.
- "Billionaire brats on the range" (Press release). E! Entertainment Television. 2005-07-19. Retrieved 2009-06-18.
- Pugmire, Lance (June 5, 2009). "Foreman's son ready to rumble". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved June 16, 2009.
- "George Foreman III stops Weaver in first round of pro debut". USA Today. June 7, 2009. Retrieved June 18, 2009.