George Herbert (priest)
Herrbert was educated at Eton College and St John's College, Cambridge. At Cambridge, he was president of the University Pitt Club. Ordained in 1850, he began his ministry as a curate at St Mary's Kidderminster. Five years later he became Vicar of Clun. In 1867 he was appointed to the Deanery of Hereford Cathedral, a post he held until his death.
- "Herbert, the Hon. George (HRBT844G)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- The Times, Friday, Mar 16, 1894; pg. 11; Issue 34213; col E Obituary The Very Rev George Herbert
- Fletcher, Walter Morley (2011) . The University Pitt Club: 1835-1935 (First Paperback ed.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. p. 79. ISBN 978-1-107-60006-5.
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- ”Hereford Cathedral: a history” Aylmer,G/Tiller,J: London, Hambledon, 2000 ISBN 1-85285-194-5
|Church of England titles|
|Dean of Hereford
James Wentworth Leigh
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|