George Hobart, 3rd Earl of Buckinghamshire
Hobart represented the constituencies of St Ives and Bere Alston in the House of Commons from 1754 to 1761 and 1761 to 1780, respectively. He was secretary to the embassy in St Petersburg in 1762, his half-brother John Hobart, 2nd Earl of Buckinghamshire being then ambassador.
He inherited the earldom of Buckinghamshire from his half-brother in 1793. On 29 April 1797, he was commissioned colonel of the 3rd Regiment of Lincolnshire Militia (South Lincolnshire Supplementary Militia), becoming a colonel in the regular army when his regiment was embodied on 12 January 1799. He died in 1804 and was succeeded by his son Robert, who had already entered the House of Lords in 1798 by a writ of acceleration as Baron Hobart.
- Robert Hobart, 4th Earl of Buckinghamshire (1760–1816)
- Hon. George Vere Hobart (1761 – 5 December 1802), married first Jane Cataneo and had issue, married second, in April 1802, Janet Maclean and had issue
- Lt. Charles Hobart, RN (d. April 1782)
- Rev. Hon. Henry Lewis Hobart (1774 – 8 May 1846), married Charlotte Selina Moore and had issue
- Lady Albinia Hobart, married Richard Cumberland on the 14th Jul 1784 and had issue
- Lady Henrietta Anne Barbara Hobart (c.1762 - 1828), married, in 1789, John Sullivan and had issue
- Lady Maria Frances Hobart (c. 1762 - 1794), married George North, 3rd Earl of Guilford and had issue
- Lady Charlotte Hobart (d. 1798), married Col. Edward Disbrowe (d. 1818) and had issue, including Edward Cromwell Disbrowe.
- Doyle, James William Edmund (1886). The Official Baronage of England, v. 1. London: Longmans, Green. p. 273.
- Thomas Wright; Robert Harding Evans (1851). Historical and Descriptive Account of the Caricatures of James Gillray: Comprising a Political and Humorous History of the Latter Part of the Reign of George the Third. Bohn. pp. 426–7. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- Matthew Kilburn, ‘Hobart, George, third earl of Buckinghamshire (1731–1804)’, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004; online edn, Jan 2008 accessed 4 June 2017
- Lee, Sidney, ed. (1891). "Hobart, George". Dictionary of National Biography. 27. London: Smith, Elder & Co.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Earl of Buckinghamshire
|Parliament of Great Britain|
| Member of Parliament for St Ives
With: James Whitshed
Humphrey Mackworth Praed
Sir Francis Drake
| Member of Parliament for Bere Alston
With: Sir Francis Drake 1761–1771
Francis William Drake 1771–1774
Sir Francis Drake 1774–1780
The Lord Macartney
Lord Algernon Percy
|Peerage of Great Britain|
| Earl of Buckinghamshire
| Baron Hobart|
(descended by acceleration)