George Holmes (bishop)
Holmes was born in Kendal, Westmorland on 23 November 1858 and ordained in 1887 after which he was a Church Mission Society (CMS) missionary in the Northwest Territories. In 1901 he became Archdeacon of Athabasca and four years later was ordained to the episcopate as the Bishop of Moosonoe. He was translated to the Diocese of Athabasca in 1909. He died on 3 February 1912.
- Christian Episcopal, Canada
- National Church Institutions Database of Manuscripts and Archives
- Who was Who 1897-1990, London, A & C Black, 1991, ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory, London, Hamilton & Co, 1889
- Dictionary of Canadian Biography
- The Times, 4 February 1909, p. 7, "Ecclesiastical Intelligence"
- "Obituary: The Bishop Of Athabasca", The Times, 5 February 1912, p. 11.
|Anglican Communion titles|
Jervois Arthur Newnham
|Bishop of Moosonee
John George Anderson
|Bishop of Athabasca
Edwin Frederick Robins
|This article about a Canadian Anglican bishop or archbishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|