George Ingersoll Wood
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Rev. George Ingersoll Wood was born in Stamford, CT. He was the son of Hon. Joseph Wood and Frances Ellsworth.
He died at age 84 in Washington, DC.
He was married Susan Townsend Merwin, daughter of Rev. Samuel Merwin and Clarina B. Taylor, on 28 April 1840 at New Haven, CT.
Children of Rev. George Ingersoll Wood and Susan Townsend Merwin:
- Emily Merwin Wood+ b. 11 Feb 1841, d. 18 May 1916
- Brig. Gen. Oliver Ellsworth Wood+ b. 6 Jun 1844, d. 4 Dec 1910
- George Ingersoll Wood b. 12 Feb 1850, d. 15 Apr 1877
- Joseph Wolcott Wood b. 12 Oct 1851, d. 3 May 1877
- Millegan, Kris (2003). "The Skeleton Crew". Fleshing Out Skull and Bones: Investigations into America's Most Powerful Secret Society. Walterville, OR: Trine Day. pp. 597–690. ISBN 0-9720207-2-1. "This list is compiled from material from the Order of Skull and Bones membership books at Sterling Library, Yale University and other public records. The latest books available are the 1971 Living members and the 1973 Deceased Members books. The last year the members were published in the Yale Banner is 1969."