George John Bennett (organist)
George John Bennett was born on 5 May 1863 in Andover, Hampshire. He studied at the Royal Academy of Music under G.A. Macfarren and C. Steggall, and also abroad, in Berlin under H. Barth (piano) and F. Kiel (composition) as well as in Munich (1885-1887) under H. Bussmeyer (piano) and Josef Rheinberger (composition).
- St. John's Church, Pimlico
- Lincoln Cathedral (1895–1930)
Bennett married, at Lincoln Cathedral on 20 February 1900, Marion Ruston, second daughter of Joseph Ruston, of Monks Manor, Lincoln, a former MP and Mayor of Lincoln. The ceremony was performed by the Lord Bishop of Lincoln, assisted by the Dean of Lincoln and the Archdeacon of Lincoln.
- 2 overtures for orchestra
- Suite in D minor for orchestra
- Mass in B flat major for soli, choir and orchestra
- Piano trio in E major
- Piano pieces
- Organ pieces
- The Succession of Organists. Watkins Shaw.
- "Marriages". The Times. No. 36073. London. 23 February 1900. p. 1.