George King, 3rd Earl of Kingston
George King, 3rd Earl of Kingston (9 April 1771 – 18 October 1839), styled Viscount Kingsborough from 1797 to 1799, was an Irish nobleman.
He was returned as a Member of the Irish House of Commons for County Roscommon in 1798, vacating the seat in the following year when he succeeded his father to the peerage and briefly taking his seat in the Irish House of Lords before it was abolished in 1800 after the union with Great Britain. He was created Baron Kingston in the Peerage of the United Kingdom in 1821, thus giving him and his descendants an automatic seat in the UK House of Lords.
In 1823, he demolished the existing Palladian house on the Mitchelstown estate and replaced it with a new castle designed by James and George Richard Pain. It had 60 principal and 20 minor bedrooms, a 100-foot-long (30 m) gallery, three libraries, morning room, dining room (which could seat 100 guests at one sitting) and various other facilities.
- Lady Helena King (11 August 1793 – 20 November 1853), married Philip Davies-Cooke on 8 December 1829
- Edward King, Viscount Kingsborough (1795–1837), antiquarian who predeceased his father
- Robert King, 4th Earl of Kingston (1796–1867); his heir
- Hon. George King (20 August 1798 – 2 May 1801)
- James King, 5th Earl of Kingston (1800–1869)
- Lady Adelaide Charlotte King (died August 1854), married Charles Tankerville Webber (died March 1854), son of Daniel Webb Webber, on 2 August 1834
- Debrett, John (1840). Debrett's Peerage of England, Scotland and Ireland. p. 423.
- Preston Neale, John; Thomas Moule (1825). Views of the seats of noblemen and gentlemen, in England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland. Sherwood, Jones and Co. pp. (no page numbers). Retrieved 17 October 2009.
- Mitchelstown Castle profile Archived 27 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine, mitchelstown.org; accessed 25 April 2016.
- Lodge, Edmund (1861). The Peerage and Baronetage of the British Empire. p. 338.
|Parliament of Ireland|
Sir Edward Crofton
| Member of Parliament for Roscommon County
With: Arthur French
|Peerage of Ireland|
| Earl of Kingston
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|New creation|| Baron Kingston