From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As a brigadier, Lammie commanded British forces during the occupation of Iceland.
As a major-general, Lammie was involved with forces in the central Mediterranean.
- 1938 - 1939 General Staff Officer, 1 War Office
- 1939 - 1940 General Staff Officer, 1 Home Forces
- 1940 - 1941 Commanding Officer, 147th Brigade, Iceland
- 1941 Deputy Adjutant and Quartermaster-General Scottish Command
- 1941 - 1944 Director of Quartering, War Office
- 1944 - 1945 District Officer Commanding, Headquarters 3rd District, Central Mediterranean Force
- 1945 Aide-de-Camp to the King
- Biography of Major-General George Lammie at www.generals.dk
|This article about a notable individual during World War II is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to the British Army is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|