George Leandro Abreu de Lima
|Full name||George Leandro Abreu de Lima|
|Date of birth||9 November 1985|
|Place of birth||Fortaleza, Brazil|
|Height||1.69 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|2008–2009||→ Vitória Setúbal (loan)||24||(0)|
|2009–2010||→ Cruzeiro (loan)||8||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 04:06, 20 June 2016 (UTC).
Lima was born in Fortaleza, Ceará. After making his professional debuts with Associação Desportiva São Caetano, he went on to represent Brazil at both the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup and the 2007 South American Youth Championship, helping the national side to the triumph in the latter.
In July 2007, Lima signed a five-year deal with Portugal's FC Porto. He struggled heavily in his first season and, furthermore, was later involved in a false documentation incident after it was revealed that he had not been born on 19 December 1987, as initially registered (he was also "named" Luis Leandro Abreu de Lima in the initial procedures).
Lima spent the entire 2008–09 campaign on loan to fellow Primeira Liga club Vitória de Setúbal, helping the sadinos barely avoid relegation. On 17 July 2009 he was once again loaned, returning to Brazil with Cruzeiro Esporte Clube.
In May 2010, after Cruzeiro was eliminated from the Copa Libertadores by fellow Brazilians São Paulo FC, Lima was released alongside eight teammates. In late August he returned to Portugal, signing a two-year deal with U.D. Leiria.
- "South American U-20 Championship Paraguay 2007" (in Spanish). CONMEBOL. Archived from the original on 23 June 2009. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "Leandro Lima aims high at Porto". UEFA.com. 23 July 2007. Retrieved 10 May 2009.
- "Quando a data de nascimento causa polémica" [When birthdate creates controversy] (in Portuguese). Diário de Notícias. 16 September 2010. Retrieved 3 December 2010.
- "Presidente do Cruzeiro anuncia meia Leandro Lima" [Cruzeiro's president announces midfielder Leandro Lima] (in Portuguese). O Estado de S. Paulo. July 2009. Archived from the original on 11 August 2010. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "Cruzeiro dispensa Bernardo e mais oito atletas" [Cruzeiro releases Bernardo and eight more athletes] (in Portuguese). Terceiro Tempo. May 2010. Archived from the original on 27 May 2010. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "U. Leiria: Leandro Lima assina por duas épocas" [U. Leiria: Leandro Lima signs for two seasons] (in Portuguese). Mais Futebol. 25 August 2010. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "Contra a degola, Avaí acerta com Leandro Lima, ex-Azulão" [With neck in noose, Avaí signs Leandro Silva, ex-Azulão] (in Portuguese). Futebol Interior. July 2011. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "Avaí rescinde o contrato de Leandrinho" [Avaí terminates Leandrinho's contract] (in Portuguese). Info Esporte. Retrieved 6 January 2016.