George Leandro Abreu de Lima
|Full name||George Leandro Abreu de Lima|
|Date of birth||9 November 1985|
|Place of birth||Fortaleza, Brazil|
|Height||1.69 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|2008–2009||→ Vitória Setúbal (loan)||24||(0)|
|2009–2010||→ Cruzeiro (loan)||8||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 December 2015.
Lima was born in Fortaleza, Ceará. After making his professional debuts with Associação Desportiva São Caetano, he went on to represent Brazil at both the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup and the 2007 South American Youth Championship, helping the national side to the triumph in the latter.
In July 2007, Lima signed a five-year deal with Portugal's FC Porto. He struggled heavily in his first season and, furthermore, was later involved in a false documentation incident after it was revealed that he had not been born on 19 December 1987, as initially registered (he was also "named" Luis Leandro Abreu de Lima in the initial procedures).
Lima spent the entire 2008–09 campaign on loan to fellow first division club Vitória de Setúbal, helping the sadinos barely avoid relegation. On 17 July 2009 he was once again loaned, returning to Brazil with Cruzeiro Esporte Clube.
In May 2010, after Cruzeiro was eliminated from the Copa Libertadores by fellow Brazilian team São Paulo FC, Lima, alongside eight other teammates, was released. In late August, he returned to Portugal, signing a two-year deal with U.D. Leiria.
- "South American U-20 Championship Paraguay 2007" (in Spanish). Conmebol. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "Leandro Lima aims high at Porto". UEFA.com. 23 July 2007.
- "Quando a data de nascimento causa polémica" [When birthdate creates controversy] (in Portuguese). Diário de Notícias. 16 September 2010.
- "Presidente do Cruzeiro anuncia meia Leandro Lima" [Cruzeiro's president announces midfielder Leandro Lima] (in Portuguese). O Estado de S. Paulo. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "Cruzeiro dispensa Bernardo e mais oito atletas" [Cruzeiro releases Bernardo and eight more athletes] (in Portuguese). Terceiro Tempo. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "U. Leiria: Leandro Lima assina por duas épocas" [U. Leiria: Leandro Lima signs for two seasons] (in Portuguese). Mais Futebol. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "Contra a degola, Avaí acerta com Leandro Lima, ex-Azulão" [Against the drop, Avaí signs Leandro Silva, ex-Azulão] (in Portuguese). Futebol Interior. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "Avaí rescinde o contrato de Leandrinho" [Avaí rescinds Leandrinho's contract] (in Portuguese). INfoesporte. Retrieved 6 January 2016.