George M. Daniel
He is a native of Loganton, Pennsylvania and grew up in the village of Germania, in Abbott Township, Potter County, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Lock Haven University in 2001, with a degree in outdoor recreation management. He lives in State College, Pennsylvania with his wife, Amidea and their daughter, Evangeline. He works for TCO Fly Shop in State College.
Daniel is a member of Fly Fishing TEAMUSA, and a two time Fly Fishing U.S. National Champion.  He has competed in four World Fly Fishing Championships, sponsored by Fédération Internationale de Peche Sportive Mouche (International Sport Flyfishing Federation). In 2006, competing in a field of 110 in the world championships held in Portugal, he finished in fifth place, the second best result ever by a competitor from North America. He also competed in the 2007 world championships in Finland, the 2008 world championships in New Zealand and the 2009 world championships in Scotland. Daniels lectures across the country on fly fishing, and his favorite technique, "dynamic nymphing".  His book on dynamic nymphing will be published in 2011.
- "Hook, line and sinker: Fly-fishing champ talks to new graduates". SunGazette.com. 2007-12-10. Retrieved 2010-12-22.
- Hayes, John (October 14, 2007). "Outdoors Notebook -- Daniel national fly-fishing champ". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Pittsburgh. Retrieved January 16, 2011.
- "Notebook: Lock Haven resident to compete in world fly fishing competition". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. April 9, 2007. Retrieved January 16, 2011.
- Meyers, Charlie (January 4, 2009). "U.S. champ has Euro technique". Denver Post. Denver. Retrieved January 16, 2011.
- "2008 U.S. Fly Fishing Champion: George Daniel and Dynamic Nymphing" (PDF). Federation of Fly Fishers: Twin Tiers - Five Rivers Chapter. April 2008. Retrieved January 16, 2011.[permanent dead link]