George Mountbatten, 2nd Marquess of Milford Haven
|The Most Honorable
The Marquess of Milford Haven
6 December 1892|
|Died||8 April 1938
|Spouse(s)||Countess Nadejda Mikhailovna de Torby|
|Children||Lady Tatiana Elizabeth Mountbatten
David Mountbatten, 3rd Marquess of Milford Haven
|Parents||Prince Louis of Battenberg
Princess Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine
Captain George Louis Victor Henry Serge Mountbatten, 2nd Marquess of Milford Haven GCVO (6 December 1892 – 8 April 1938), styled Earl of Medina between 1917 and 1921, was born the son of Louis Mountbatten, 1st Marquess of Milford Haven (Prince Louis of Battenberg) and Princess Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine at Darmstadt, Hesse, Germany. His subsidiary titles included Viscount Alderney. He died aged 45 of bone marrow cancer.
Marriage and issue
He married Countess Nadejda Mikhailovna de Torby (daughter of Grand Duke Michael Mikhailovich Romanov and Sophie von Merenberg, Countess de Torby) on 15 November 1916 in London. They lived at Lynden Manor  at Holyport in Berkshire and had two children:
- Lady Tatiana Elizabeth Mountbatten (Edinburgh 16 December 1917 – Northampton 15 May 1988)
- David Mountbatten, 3rd Marquess of Milford Haven (12 May 1919 – 14 April 1970)
He was an accomplished mathematician, who "could work out complicated gunnery problems in his head" and "read books on calculus casually on trains".
Titles and styles
- 6 December 1892 – 1917: His Serene Highness Prince George of Battenberg
- 14 July – 7 November 1917: Mister George Mountbatten
- 7 November 1917 – 11 September 1921: Earl of Medina
- 11 September 1921 – 8 April 1938: The Most Honourable The Marquess of Milford Haven
- Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order, 1916
- Order of St Vladimir, 4th class, with Swords, authorised to wear 5 June 1917
- Order of the Rising Sun with Paulownia Flowers, Grand Cordon, 1917.
- Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order, 1932
- Berkshire History: Lynden Manor http://www.berkshirehistory.com/castles/lynden_manor.html
- Hough, p.359
- Quoted in Hough, p.360
- http://www.cracroftspeerage.co.uk/online/content/milfordhaven1917.htm, Milford Haven (1917) Cracroft's Peerage. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- The London Gazette: . 30 October 1917. Retrieved 1 February 2008.
- Hough, Richard (1984). Louis and Victoria: The Family History of the Mountbattens. Second edition. London: Weidenfeld and Nicolson. ISBN 0-297-78470-6.
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
Prince Louis of Battenberg
|Marquess of Milford Haven
David Michael Mountbatten