George Mountbatten, 4th Marquess of Milford Haven
The Marquess of Milford Haven
|Marquess of Milford Haven|
|Tenure||14 April 1970 – present|
|Predecessor||David Mountbatten, 3rd Marquess of Milford Haven|
|Other titles||Earl of Medina (1961–1970)|
|Born||George Ivar Louis Mountbatten|
6 June 1961
Sarah Georgina Walker
(m. 1989; div. 1996)
|Issue||Lady Tatiana Mountbatten |
Henry Mountbatten, Earl of Medina
|Heir||Henry Mountbatten, Earl of Medina|
|Parents||David Mountbatten, 3rd Marquess of Milford Haven|
Janet Mercedes née Bryce
George Ivar Louis Mountbatten, 4th Marquess of Milford Haven (born 6 June 1961), styled Earl of Medina before 1970, is a British peer and businessman.
Lord Milford Haven is the elder son of the 3rd Marquess of Milford Haven and Janet Mercedes Bryce, the older brother of Lord Ivar Mountbatten and a descendant of Catherine the Great and Alexander Pushkin. At the death of his father on 14 April 1970, he became the 4th Marquess of Milford Haven and head of the House of Mountbatten. He is in the line of succession to the British throne through his descent from Queen Victoria's second daughter, Princess Alice. He is also a second cousin to Charles, Prince of Wales through both of their fathers.
Lord Milford Haven married first Sarah Georgina Walker (born London, Middlesex, 17 November 1961/2), former wife of Andreas Antoniou (married 1985; divorced 1987), daughter of George Alfred Walker and Jean Maureen (née Hatton), in London on 8 March 1989. The couple were divorced on 27 February 1996 and she married in June 2016 Michael Spencer, Lord Spencer of Alresford. They had two children:
- Lady Tatiana Helen Georgia Mountbatten (born London, 16 April 1990) who works in public relations
- Henry (Harry) David Louis Mountbatten, Earl of Medina (born 19 October 1991)
Lord Milford Haven subsequently married Clare Husted Steel (born Manhattan, New York, New York County, New York, 2 September 1960) at Coatue Point, Nantucket, Nantucket County, Massachusetts, on 20 August 1997, without issue.
In 2000, he founded uSwitch, a website which helps consumers compare and change suppliers of various services. The company was sold to the American media firm E. W. Scripps in March 2006 for around £210 million ($400 million).
- Cope, Rebecca. "Lady Tatiana Mountbatten is announced as Crofton & Hall's new ambassador". Tatler.
- "Queen's cousin makes £100m in uSwitch sale". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 17 March 2006.
- Yolanda Carslaw, 'Who’s who among polo’s star attractions', in The Financial Times, 23 July 2010 
- Laffaye, Horace A. (28 August 2015). Profiles in Polo: The Players Who Changed the Game. McFarland. p. 94. ISBN 978-1476662732.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Marquess of Milford Haven