George Nevill, 4th Baron Bergavenny
|Died||20 September 1492 (about 52)|
|Noble family||House of Neville|
Elizabeth (surname unknown)
|Father||Edward Neville, 3rd Baron Bergavenny|
George Neville, or Nevill, 4th and de jure 2nd Baron Bergavenny (c.1440 – 20 September 1492) was an English nobleman.
George Neville was the son of Edward Neville, 3rd Baron Bergavenny and Elizabeth Beauchamp. He was knighted by Edward IV on 9 May 1471, after fighting for the King at the Battle of Tewkesbury. He succeeded his father in 1476.
Marriages and issue
- George Neville, 5th Baron Bergavenny (c.1469–c.1535).
- John Neville.
- William Neville.
- Sir Edward Neville (1471–1538), who married, before 6 April 1529, Eleanor (née Windsor), widow of Ralph Scrope, 9th Baron Scrope (d. 17 September 1515), and daughter of Andrew Windsor, 1st Baron Windsor.
- Sir Thomas Neville (c.1484–1542), Speaker of the House of Commons, who married firstly Katherine Dacre, and secondly Elizabeth Bryce.
- Sir Richard Neville (bef. 1485 – c.1515).
- Elizabeth Neville, who married firstly Thomas Berkeley, esquire, of Avon, Hampshire, and secondly Richard Covert, esquire, of Slaugham, Sussex.
This section does not cite any sources. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Cokayne, George Edward (1910). The Complete Peerage, edited by Vicary Gibbs. I. London: St. Catherine Press. pp. 30–1.
- Davies, Catharine (2004). "Neville, Sir Thomas (b. in or before 1484, d. 1542)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/19964.(Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
- Richardson, Douglas (2011). Everingham, Kimball G. (ed.). Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families. I (2nd ed.). Salt Lake City. ISBN 1449966373.
|Peerage of England|
| Baron Bergavenny
|This biography of a baron or baroness in the Peerage of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|