George Nevill, 4th Baron Bergavenny
|Died||20 September 1492 (about 52)|
|Noble family||House of Neville|
|Issue||George Neville, 5th Baron Bergavenny|
Sir Edward Neville
Sir Thomas Neville
Sir Richard Neville
|Father||Edward Neville, 3rd Baron Bergavenny|
George Neville, or Nevill, 4th and de jure 2nd Baron Bergavenny (c.1440 – 20 September 1492) was an English nobleman.
George Neville was the son of Edward Neville, 3rd Baron Bergavenny and Elizabeth Beauchamp. He was knighted by Edward IV on 9 May 1471, after fighting for the King at the Battle of Tewkesbury. He succeeded his father in 1476.
Marriages and issue
- George Neville, 5th Baron Bergavenny (c. 1469 – c. 1535).
- John Neville.
- William Neville.
- Sir Edward Neville (1471–1538), who married, before 6 April 1529, Eleanor (née Windsor), widow of Ralph Scrope, 9th Baron Scrope (d. 17 September 1515), and daughter of Andrew Windsor, 1st Baron Windsor.
- Sir Thomas Neville (c. 1484–1542), Speaker of the House of Commons, who married firstly Katherine Dacre, and secondly Elizabeth Bryce.
- Sir Richard Neville (bef. 1485 – c. 1515).
- Elizabeth Neville, who married firstly Thomas Berkeley, esquire, of Avon, Hampshire, and secondly Richard Covert, esquire, of Slaugham, Sussex.
- Cokayne, George Edward (1910). The Complete Peerage, edited by Vicary Gibbs. Vol. I. London: St. Catherine Press. pp. 30–1.
- Davies, Catharine (2004). "Neville, Sir Thomas (b. in or before 1484, d. 1542)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/19964. (Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
- Richardson, Douglas (2011). Everingham, Kimball G. (ed.). Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families. Vol. I (2nd ed.). Salt Lake City. ISBN 978-1449966379.