George Newbold Lawrence
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Fellow ornithologists honored him by naming one bird genus and 20 species after him, including both the scientific and common name of the Lawrence's goldfinch, first described by Cassin in 1852.
- Elliot, D. G. (January 1896). "In Memoriam: George Newbold Lawrence" (PDF). The Auk. 13 (1): 1–10. doi:10.2307/4068733.
- Colby, Frank Moore; Williams, Talcott (1918). "LAWRENCE, George Newbold". The New International Encyclopaedia. vol. 13 (2nd ed.). p. 653.
- Mears, Barbara; Mears, Richard (1992). Audubon to Xántus: The Lives of Those Commemorated in North American Bird Names. London, UK: Academic Press. p. 268. ISBN 978-0-12-487423-7.
- Coues, Elliott (1882). The Coues Check List of North American Birds. Boston, MA: Estes and Lauriat. p. 50.
- "Lawrence and his friends: the dual nature of ornithologists," from the American Museum of Natural History
|This article about an American ornithologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American businessperson born between 1800–1809 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|