George Nicholson (printer)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
He settled in Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire in 1808 where he remained until his death in 1825. He was a nationally known printer of the time. His printing press was at 15 Bridge Street and his premises are now a listed building.
- The Primeval Diet of Man: Arguments in Favour of Vegetable Food: On Man's Conduct to Animals (1801)
- Henry Salt. International Vegetarian Union (ed.). "History of Vegetarianism - Europe: The Middle Ages to the 18th Century - George Nicholson 1760-1825". Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- Oxford Online Dictionary of National Biography - George Nicholson
- Timperley, Charles Henry. (1842). Encyclopaedia of Literary and Typographical Anecdote. London: Henry G. Bohn. pp. 896-987
- Axon, William E. A. (1886). The Annals of Manchester: A Chronological Record from the Earliest Times to the End of 1885. Manchester. p. 170.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: George Nicholson|