This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
April 28, 1986 |
New York City, New York, United States
|Origin||New York City, New York, United States|
|Occupation(s)||Songwriter, recording artist|
George Nozuka (born April 28, 1986, in New York City) is a Canadian-American R&B singer of mixed Caucasian and Japanese descent. He is best known for his single "Talk to Me", which peaked at No. 1 on the MuchMusic music-video countdown in October 2006.
Nozuka released his debut album Believe in 2007 under the mononym George. The album was produced by Perry Alexander, Roy "Royalty" Hamilton, and Anthony M. Jones, and was released by HC Entertainment Group. Three tracks became hits: "Talk to Me" (written and produced by Shaun Myers), "Lie to Me", and "Last Time". Music videos for the songs were directed by RT! and appeared on the charts of Canada's specialized music cable channel MuchMusic.
In 2012, Nozuka released a mixtape titled Love Me. For the mixtape and later works, he began using his full name. In 2013, he released a studio album called Beautiful, along with a music video for the first single from the album, called "Don't Go".
Through the Canadian section of Plan, Nozuka was involved in a documentary about restavecs, slave children in Haiti. The documentary, Forgotten Children: The Story of Haiti's Restavecs, directed by Craig Goodwill, shows the situation of the restavecs through the eyes of various personalities, including Nozuka, a Canadian United Nations peacekeeper, Haitian filmmakers and activists, and former restavecs themselves. Nozuka produced the song "Hurting Child" for the documentary.
Featured with other performers
Nozuka is one of seven children of Canadian mother Holly Sedgwick and Japanese father Hiromitsu Nozuka. Sedgwick raised Nozuka and his six siblings as a single mother. Nozuka is the older brother of the musicians Justin Nozuka and Henry Nozuka, and the actor Philip Nozuka.
- 2012: Love Me
- 2006: "Talk to Me"
- 2007: "Lie to Me"
- 2007: "Last Time"
- 2013: "Don't Go"
- In 2007, the music video for "Lie to Me" won RT! the Best Director award at the Much Music Video Awards for the second consecutive year.
- "George Nozuka". last.fm. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Forgotten Children: The Story of Haiti's Restavecs featuring George Nozuka. Plan Canada.
- Video clip for ''Hurting Child'' by George with scenes from the documentary. Youtube.com (September 16, 2008). Retrieved on 2013-06-14.
- Justin Nozuka | New Music And Songs. MTV. Retrieved on 2013-06-14.
- Sperounes, Sandra (November 8, 2006) Famous uncle, Backstreet mentor inspire popster George. The Edmonton Journal. Retrieved on 2013-06-14.
- [dead link]http://www.cbc.ca/sunday/2008/05/051108_10.html
- Footage from MMVAs in 2007 for RT! winning Best Director for George's ''Lie to Me''. Youtube.com (June 17, 2007). Retrieved on 2013-06-14.