George O'Connor (comics)
|Born||November 5, 1973|
|Area(s)||Cartoonist, Writer, Penciller|
|Journey into Mohawk Country, Ball Peen Hammer, Olympians series|
His first graphic novel, Journey into Mohawk Country, was published in 2006. It uses as its sole text an English translation of the journal kept by the Dutch barber/surgeon/explorer Harmen Meyndertsz van den Bogaert, who in 1634 journeyed from what is now Albany, New York 100 miles into the interior of the North American continent. This journal is one of the earliest extant accounts of the Iroquois people.
O'Connor followed up Journey with his work on Ball Peen Hammer, the first graphic novel written by famed playwright Adam Rapp. Set in the near future of an unnamed city after a societal collapse, the story follows the lives and loves of a handful of survivors.
O'Connor is currently working on Olympians, a projected 12-book series retelling the Greek Myths in a graphic novel format, with one book for each Olympian god. The first volume, Zeus: King of the Gods, was published in January 2010. It will conclude in 2020, with the final book Dionysos.
- Sally and the Some-Thing (2006)
- Kapow! (2007)
- Uncle Bigfoot (2008)
- Ker-Splash! (2010)
- If I Had a Raptor (2014)
- If I Had a Triceratops (2015)
- Captain Awesome series (illustrator)
- Journey into Mohawk Country, written by Harmen Meyndertsz van den Bogaert (September 5, 2006)
- Ball Peen Hammer, written by Adam Rapp (September 29, 2009)
- Olympians series
- Book 1: Zeus: King of the Gods (January 5, 2010)
- Book 2: Athena: Grey-Eyed Goddess (April 13, 2010)
- Book 3: Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory (July 19, 2011)
- Book 4: Hades: Lord of the Dead (January 31, 2012)
- Book 5: Poseidon: Earth Shaker (March 19, 2013)
- Book 6: Aphrodite: Goddess of Love (December 31, 2013)
- Boxed Set: Includes the first six books in the series (October 7, 2014)
- Book 7: Ares: Bringer of War (January 27, 2015) 
- Book 8: Apollo: The Brilliant One (January 26, 2016) 
- Book 9: Artemis: Wild Goddess of the Hunt  (January 31, 2017)
- Book 10: Hermes: Tales of the Trickster (January 30, 2018)
- Book 11: Hephaistos: God of Fire (January 29, 2019) 
- Official author page at Macmillan Publishing
- The Leonard Lopate Show - Journey Into Mohawk Country
- Kiel Phegley (November 27, 2009). "Hammer-Cracking Sci-Fi & Lightning-Cracking Mythology". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 2009-11-28.
- Amazon.com entry, Ares: Bringer of War
- Apollo: The Brilliant One (final cover)
- Caption: Would you trust this face? Dionysos and Marsyas from APOLLO: THE BRILLIANT ONE
- Tentative title
George O'Connor @GeorgetheMighty - From Olympians Volume 9--Artemis: Goddess of the Hunt. When Leto met Zeus.
- Publisher title, updated subtitle
- Amazon.com entry, Artemis: Wild Goddess of the Hunt
- Going over some proofs of the next volume of OLYMPIANS--Artemis: Wild Goddess of the Hunt.
- Behold! Entertainment Weekly has revealed the cover to the next volume of #olympians, #hermes #talesofthetrickster.
- Writer and Illustrator of Best-Selling Book Series “Olympians” Visits Gregory Elementary School
- Amazon.com entry, Hephaistos: God of Fire
- MacMillan Publishers