George O. Petrie
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|George O. Petrie|
Petrie as the star of Charlie Wild, Private Detective on radio, 1950.
November 16, 1912|
New Haven, Connecticut, U.S.
|Died||November 16, 1997
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Resting place||Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Hollywood Hills)|
|Spouse(s)||Patricia Pope (?-1997) (his death) 2 children|
George O. Petrie (November 16, 1912 – November 16, 1997) was an American radio and television actor.
Petrie started in radio drama, including playing the title roles in Charlie Wild, Private Detective and in The Adventures of the Falcon. He played Bill Grant in Call the Police and appeared on programs such as the syndicated horror program "Murder at Midnight" in 1947.
On The Honeymooners, he had recurring character roles throughout the series. He appeared on the popular prime time soap opera Dallas and the 1996 Sequel Dallas: J.R. Returns, in the recurring role of attorney Harv Smithfield.
Other television credits include: Rawhide, 77 Sunset Strip, The Twilight Zone, Leave It to Beaver, The Andy Griffith Show, Perry Mason, Dr. Kildare, Bonanza, The Addams Family, The Munsters, The Wild Wild West, Hawaii Five-O, Little House on the Prairie, Ironside,The Edge of Night, Combat!, Maude, Gunsmoke, Three's Company, Cagney and Lacey, Dynasty, Quincy, M.E., Knight Rider, St. Elsewhere, Wiseguy, Night Court, Gomer Pyle USMC, Mad About You and L.A. Law.
- Winged Victory (1944) - Barker
- Boomerang (1947) - Harry O'Shea - Public Defender (uncredited)
- Swiss Tour (1950) - Sidney
- At Sword's Point (1952) - Chalais
- Gypsy (1962) - George
- Hud (1963) - Joe Scanlon
- Wall of Noise (1963) - Mr. Tom Harrington
- Dead Ringer (1964) - Eddie Krauss (uncredited)
- He Rides Tall (1964) - Crowley
- What's So Bad About Feeling Good? (1968) - Bolton (uncredited)
- Raid on Entebbe (1976) - Chaim Zadok
- Telefon (1977) - Hotel Desk Clerk
- The Other Side of the Mountain Part 2 (1978) - Doctor in Los Angeles
- Wavelength (1983) - Dr. Savianno
- Baby Boom (1987) - Everett Sloane
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987) - Martin
- Folks! (1992) - Sammy
- DeLong, Thomas A. (1996). Radio Stars: An Illustrated Biographical Dictionary of 953 Performers, 1920 through 1960. McFarland & Company, Inc. ISBN 978-0-7864-2834-2. Pp. 215-216.
- Dunning, John. (1998). On the Air: The Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radio. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-507678-3. P. 131.
- Sies, Luther F. (2014). Encyclopedia of American Radio, 1920-1960, 2nd Edition, Volume 1. McFarland & Company, Inc. ISBN 978-0-7864-5149-4. P. 13.
- "The Credit Card". Internet Movie Database. Leave It to Beaver. 7 February 1963. Episode 215 (season 6, episode 20). Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- "Summer in Alaska". Internet Movie Database. Leave It to Beaver. 9 May 1963. Episode 228 (season 6, episode 33). Retrieved April 6, 2014.
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1910s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|