George Pickett (physicist)
George Richard Pickett
|Education||Bedford Modern School|
|Alma mater||Magdalen College, Oxford|
|Known for||Low Temperature Physics|
Pickett was a Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Reader and then Head of the Department of Physics at Lancaster University. In the 1996 Nobel Prize citation of physicist David Lee, credit was given to Pickett and his research group for their work on 3He.
In 1988, Pickett was elected a member of the Finnish Academy of Science and Letters. In 1997 he was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society and in 2006 a foreign member of the Russian Academy of Sciences. In 1998 he was awarded the Simon Memorial Prize.
- Who’s Who 2014, Published by A&C Black Limited, 2014
- "Professor George Pickett - Physics at Lancaster University". Physics.lancs.ac.uk. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "Science and Technology at Lancaster University". Lancaster.ac.uk=. Archived from the original on 8 October 2014. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "Suomalainen Tiedeakatemia". Acadsci.fi. Archived from the original on 9 October 2014. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "Science and Technology at Lancaster University - International Honour for Low Temperature Physicist". Lancaster.ac.uk. Archived from the original on 8 October 2014. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "Simon Memorial Prize: past winners". IOP. Retrieved 2016-12-15.