George Ranch High School
|George Ranch High School|
Richmond, Texas 77469
|Motto||"Reflecting on a proud past, building a dynamic future"|
|School district||Lamar Consolidated Independent School District|
|Enrollment||2,060  (2013-14)|
|Color(s)||Maroon with black trim|
|Athletics||Football, Baseball, Soccer, Wrestling, Tennis, Swim and Dive, Michaelball, Softball, Track and Field, Cross-country, Basketball, and Golf|
The school is part of the Lamar Consolidated Independent School District. The school was established in fall 2010 with the intent of relieving the student populations at the other high schools in LCISD. George Ranch High School currently has 2411 students. It serves portions of Rosenberg, unincorporated portions of Fort Bend County, the LCISD portion of Sugar Land, and the communities of Crabb, Canyon Gate and Greatwood. The school's address is 8181 FM 762, Richmond, TX 77469, adjacent to Reading Junior High School. They won the 5A/D1 State Football Championship on December 18, 2015, defeating Lake Ridge High School (Texas) 56-0.
Junior High School
- Reading Junior High School
- Polly Ryon Middle School
- Bess Campbell Elementary School
- Susanna Dickinson Elementary School
- Manford Williams Elementary School
- Cora Thomas Elementary School
- William Velasquez Elementary School
Campbell, Dickinson, Williams, and Velasquez elementary schools entirely feed into George Ranch High School.
- Stone Garrett, center fielder drafted by the Miami Marlins in 2014
- Maddie Marlow, of Maddie and Tae, award winning country music duo
- "George Ranch High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- "High School Attendance Zones" (Archive). Lamar Consolidated Independent School District. Retrieved on July 9, 2015.
- "City Limits and ETJ After 2013 Annexations" (Archive). City of Rosenberg. Retrieved on July 9, 2015.