George Ritchie (footballer)
|Full name||George Thompson Ritchie|
|Date of birth||16 January 1904|
|Place of birth||Glasgow, Scotland|
|Date of death||10 September 1978(aged 74)|
|Playing position||Wing half|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
He was part of the Leicester City side which finished in the club's highest ever league finish of runners-up in 1928-29. He returned to Leicester's coaching staff under the management of former team-mate Johnny Duncan between 1946–1949.
- Football League First Division Runner-up (1): 1928–29
- Football League Second Division Winner (1): 1936–37
- Southern Football League Cup Winner (1): 1937–38
- Dave Smith & Paul Taylor (2010). Of Fossils and Foxes. ISBN 1-905411-94-4.
- George Ritchie at Colchester United Archive Database
|Colchester United captain
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a midfielder born in the 1900s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|