George Sanger (musician)
|Birth name||George Alistair Sanger|
|Also known as||"The Fat Man"|
|Born||December 14, 1957|
|Genres||Video game music|
|Associated acts||Team Fat, Alexander Brandon|
George Alistair Sanger (born December 14, 1957, from Austin, Texas), also known as "The Fat Man", is an American musician who has composed music for computer and video games, beginning in 1983. Some of his best-known works include The 7th Guest, Wing Commander, Hard Nova, Maniac Mansion (NES version), Loom, and Tux Racer. Sanger leads the band Team Fat, which also includes fellow video game music composers Dave Govett, Joe McDermott and Kevin Weston Phelan. He has also written a novel, The Fat Man on Game Audio: Tasty Morsels of Sonic Goodness, described by him as, "a book about game audio wrapped in a biography wrapped in a philosophy on life."
To date, George Sanger and Team Fat have released three albums:
- 7/11 – based on the music from The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour
- Flabby Rode
|Maniac Mansion (NES)||1990|
|Loom (an adaptation of Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake)||1990|
|Swords and Serpents (NES)||1990|
|Fun House (NES)||1991|
|Home Alone (NES)||1991|
|Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra||1991|
|Wing Commander II: Vengeance of the Kilrathi||1991|
|Wings 2: Aces High||1992|
|The 7th Guest||1992|
|Zombies Ate My Neighbors||1993|
|Master of Magic||1994|
|Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds||1994|
|Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo||1995|
|The 11th Hour||1995|
|SpongeBob SquarePants: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman||2002|
Awards and recognition
On March 5, 2015 George Sanger received the Game Audio Network Guild (GANG) Lifetime Achievement Award.  On March 7, 2007, Sanger received the IGDA Award For Community Contribution. The award was given for his numerous programs that encourage interactive audio innovation and industry improvement.
- George A. Sanger at Facebook.
- "The Fat Man – FAQ's". Fat Man homepage. June 4, 2006. Retrieved 2006-12-25.
- Sanger, George. The Fat Man on Game Audio: Tasty Morsels of Sonic Goodness (Paperback). New Riders Games. ISBN 1-59273-009-4.
- "13th Annual GANG Awards Winners". GANG.
- "2007 Game Developers Choice Awards To Honor Miyamoto, Pajitnov". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- Homepage of The Fat Man & Team Fat
- George Sanger's profile at MobyGames
- Artist profile at OverClocked ReMix
- The Fat Man discography at MusicBrainz
- George Sanger discography at MusicBrainz
- The Fat Man and Team Fat discography at MusicBrainz
- "Hangin with The Fat Man" Wired Magazine: Poole, Gary Andrew (Mar. 1997)
- Project Bar-B-Q Annual Interactive Music Conference: A Conference Hosted by The Fat Man
- Fat Man in the Gastrokunst-Project of Austrian art-collective Monochrom
|This article about a United States songwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a video game musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|