George Sutherland (author)
He was taken to Australia in 1864 and graduated from the University of Melbourne. After teaching for some time he took up journalism and worked for the South Australian Register from 1881 to 1902, after which he joined the Melbourne Age.
His published works include:
- The History of Australia (1877) (with his brother Alexander Sutherland.
- Tales of the Goldfields (1880)
- Australia: Or, England in the South (1886)
- The south Australian Company (1898)
- Twentieth Century Inventions (1901)
Other works related to vinegrowing and livestock handling.
- The Oxford Companion to Australian Literature, second edition, 1994, Oxford University Press.
- Works by George Sutherland at Project Gutenberg
- Works by or about George Sutherland at Internet Archive
- Works by George Sutherland at LibriVox (public domain audiobooks)
|This article about an Australian writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|