George Thengummoottil Receiving award from Mr Harkirat Singh, Managing Director, Woodland India and Mr Deepak Misra Manager of ONGC, at the IMF Mountain Film Festival.
|Alma mater||Marian College, Mahatma Gandhi University, PSG College of Arts and Science|
|Occupation||Writer, documentarian, photographer|
George Thengummoottil (born 10 January 1985) is an award winning Wildlife film maker and documentary editor, from India  whose film has been screened at various International film festivals like Pokhara International Mountain Film Festival and International Documentary and Short Film Festival of Kerala. He is also the founder of Keratoconus Foundation India, a non profit organization which aims at helping Keratoconus patients.
His recent film The Return of Sangai, a documentary about the endangered deer Sangai at the only floating National Park in the world, Keibul Lamjao National Park made for the forest department of Manipur was released at curtain the raiser function of Sangai festival 2017, held at Keibul Lamjao National Park, Manipur in the presence of the Chief Minister of Manipur Shri N. Biren Singh.
George Thengummoottil did his primary school education at Marthoma Senior Secondary School, when his father was working at the State Bank of India at Kozhencherry and later moved to his home town at Thidanad where he continued his school education at St. Antony's Public School.
He did his graduation in Computer Science at Marian College Kuttikkanam, Peermade. During when he wrote his first book The Story of Peermade, a coffee table book about the history of Peermade. He obtained Masters in Computer Science from Dr G R Damodaran College of Science, Coimbatore and later another Masters in Communication and Journalism from PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
During his teenage, he was affected by Keratoconus, a degenerative disorder of the eye and was blind by the age of 13. He had to stop his normal stream of studies and activities. Later he did Corneal transplantation and could partially recover vision in one of his eyes.
George was campus placed at Bangalore in a company named Lucid Imaging, which specialized in machine vision projects after his post graduation, but could not continue for a long time due to Keratoconus. Even though the company was ready to sponsor his treatments, he refused the offer.
After a long break of travel, George was invited to work as a lecturer at Sherubtse College in Bhutan, where he served for several Years. Later he worked as a journalist with Times of India and assisted the renowned filmmaker Sandesh Kadur at Felis Creations in several film-making projects like Planet Earth II for international broadcast.
From childhood, George had his personal interest in writing and filmmaking. He has acted in several plays during his school and college days. Even though he wanted to persuade his career in filmmaking, he was not allowed to, due to Keratoconus. But after his Masters in Journalism, he started making small edits, while working at Felis Creations and started as a documentary editor.
George is the founder of Keratoconus Foundation India, a charitable trust registered under Indian Trusts Act, 1882 which guides Keratoconus patients in India to lead a better life and support them economically.
|2015||Guhanagari A Book on Urban Wildlife||Contributor||Author : Pradeep Hegde||Christ University|
|2013||Kaziranga National Park 2013||Illustrator||Photography: Sanesh Kadur, Author Priya Singh||Assam Forest Department|
|2012||Himalaya: Mountains of Life ||Illustrator||Kamaljit S. Bawa, Sandesh Kadur||Ashoka Trust|
|2006||The Story of Peermade||Author / Photographer|
|Year||Genre||Title||Credit||Year||Film Festivals||Award||Produced By|
|2018||Documentary||The Naga Pride||Editor / Sound Design||2018||Quotes from the earth||Nikhil Nagle / Gypsy Tiger
|11th International Documentary and Short Film Festival of Kerala, Kerala||Nominated|
|International Ecological Film Festival Russia|
|Festival international du film ornithologique de Ménigoute, Ménigoute, France|
|VIVA Film Festival, Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Green Earth Film Festival, California||Semi Finalist|
|Nagaon International Short & Documentary Film Festival||Won|
|Kudremukh National Park||Editor||Karnataka Forest Department
|Short Documentary||Lion Tailed Macaque -Flag bearers of the Rainforests (In Post Production)||Editor / Sound Design||Centre for Wildlife Studies
Wildlife Conservation Society - India
|2017||Short Documentary||The Return of Sangai||Director||2019||Kirloskar Vasundhara International Film Festival, Pune||Manipur Forest Department, Keibul Lamjao National Park|
|2018||India Heritage Walk Festival|
|Kadakam Forest and Environmental; Film Festival, Silent Valley National Park, Palakkad, Kerala|
|Smaragdni Eco Film Festival, Croatia|
|2017||Sangai Festival, Keibul Lamjao National Park, India|
|2016||Documentary||Singalila in the Himalaya||Director||2018||Kadakam Forest and Environmental; Film Festival, Silent Valley National Park, Palakkad, Kerala||Keratoconus Foundation India,
Dhanraj Gurung/ Red Panda Sikkim
|2017||IMF Mountain Film Festival 2017, Indian Mountaineering Foundation, New Delhi, India||Won|
|10th International Documentary and Short Film Festival of Kerala, Kerala||Nominated|
|16th Girimitra Sammelan, Mumbai||Won|
|2016||Pokhara International Mountain Film Festival, Pokhara, Nepal|
|Short Documentary||Kalia : The Lost Gibbon||Graphics||2016||9th International Documentary and Short Film Festival of Kerala, Kerala||Felis Creations|
|Waghoba: Provider, Destroyer, Deity||Graphics||Felis Creations|
|2015||Short Documentary||Eastern Himalaya - Ancient Risks Future Threats||Graphics||2015||CMS Vatavaran 2015||Felis Creations|
|2017||IMF Mountain Film Festival 2017, Indian Mountaineering Foundation, New Delhi, India|
|2016||10th Festival Gorniskega Filma|
|2014||Short Film||In To the Darkroom Shortfilm|
|2012||Documentary||Goecha La In Search of Kangchenjunga||Director|
- 2017 Featured under AgainstAllOdds by Woodland Worldwide
- "News: India News, Latest Bollywood News, Sports News, Business & Political News, National & International News | Times of India". articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- "Coimbatoreans take a plunge into adventure - Times of India". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- "Nilampoor - നിലമ്പൂരിലെ കോളേജ് ഓഫീസ് മാനവേദന് സ്കൂളില്ത്തന്നെ തുടരുമെന്ന് നഗരസഭ - Features - Youth". mathrubhumi.com. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- Thengummoottil, G. (2014). The Story of Peermade:. George Thengummoottil. ISBN 9788192888606. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- "This filmmaker designed a solar charger to shoot in the Himalayas". factordaily.com. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- "High on sight - Bangalore Mirror". bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- "Eye and my vision - The Hindu". thehindu.com. Retrieved 2017-02-04.
- "This Filmmaker Shot 14 Days Without Power in the Himalayas—Here's How". nofilmschool.com. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- George Thengummoottil. "George Thengummoottil | Me | My Travel | My Life". theindia.info. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-01-05. Retrieved 2015-01-05.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "The Naga Pride". www.indiawaterportal.org. Retrieved 2018-12-27.
- "Citigroup India equities head Nikhil Nagle quits". The Hindu. PTI. 2010-02-25. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "The naga pride - Séance de 21h - Festival International du Film Ornithologique de Ménigoute". www.menigoute-festival.org (in French). Retrieved 2018-09-16.
- "OFFICIAL SELECTION – VIVA FILM FESTIVAL 2018 – Viva Film Festival". vivaba.com. Retrieved 2018-08-24.
- "Official Selection | Cinemalay". www.cinemalay.com. Retrieved 2018-08-24.
- "Schedule – Kirloskar Vasundhara International Film Festival (KVIFF)". kirloskarvasundharafest.in. Retrieved 2018-12-27.
- Thengummoottil, George (2016-05-19), Singali La: In the Himalaya, Alexa Hone Blanchet, Surya Girish, Blanchet Richard, retrieved 2018-04-06
- IDSFFK Online http://idsffkmedia2016.blogspot.in/2016/06/. Retrieved 2018-04-06. Missing or empty
- "Kalia | The Lost Gibbon | Felis Creations". www.felis.in. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- Cinematography, Nikhil Virdi's. "Wildlife | Nikhil Virdi's Cinematography". Nikhil Virdi. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- Vohra, Supriya (2017-02-16). "Stunning Visuals, Character Driven Stories Rule IMF Mountain Film Festival". TOJ India Edition. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "Home". 10. festival gorniškega filma. Retrieved 2018-05-01.