George V. Eleftheriades
George V. Eleftheriades does pioneering research in the field of metamaterials. He has been endowed with a Canada Research Chair at the University of Toronto and is a professor in the Department of Computer and Electrical Engineering there. He has received notable awards for his achievements, is a fellow of the IEEE and the Royal Society of Canada.
Also, at the University of Toronto, he heads a group for research in novel electromagnetic materials. He has also contributed book chapters to several books on antennas and transmission line theory that utilize metamaterials, along with other novel concepts, and is co-editor of one book in the same field. Professor Eleftheriades is also the author and co-author of a significant volume of published research in peer reviewed journals.
Awards and recognitions
- "Short biography". University of Toronto. Retrieved 2012-01-12.
- "Research projects". University of Toronto. Retrieved 2012-01-12.
- "Publications - Books, Journal, and Letter Publications". University of Toronto. Retrieved 2012-01-12.
- *Negative-refraction Metamaterials: Fundamental Principles and Applications By George V. Eleftheriades, Keith G. Balmain. Wiley-IEEE Press. ISBN 978-0-471-60146-3 (Google Books)
- "IEEE biography". IEEE Global History Network. Retrieved 2012-01-12.
- "Research Chiars" (PDF). University of Toronto Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-11-28. Retrieved 2012-01-12. (description and awardees)
- "Eleftheriades' Group". University of Toronto. Retrieved 2012-01-12.
- List of recipients of the IEEE Kiyo Tomiyasu Award, IEEE.
- George V. Eleftheriades
- Negative-Refractive-Index Transmission-Line Metamaterials and Enabling Microwave Devices
|This article about a physicist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|