George Vanden-Bempde, 3rd Marquess of Annandale
George Vanden Bempde (earlier Johnstone) (29 May 1720 – 29 April 1792), 3rd Marquess of Annandale, succeeded James Johnstone, 2nd Marquess of Annandale on his death in 1730 (but in practice from 1733), and enjoyed that title from then to his own death, whereupon the title became extinct.
His change of surname from Johnstone to Vanden Bempde was a condition of receiving an inheritance from John Vanden Bempde, and was confirmed by an Act of Parliament of 1744.
- Earl of Annandale and Hartfell
- Sir Richard Vanden-Bempde-Johnstone, 1st Baronet
- Johnstone Baronets of Westerhall
- "Annandale, Marquess of (S, 1701 - 1792)". Cracroft's Peerage. Archived from the original on 18 May 2012.
- Deed Poll Office: Private Act of Parliament 1744 (18 Geo. 2). c. 4
|This biography of a Scottish peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|