George Winn (American football)
|No. 38 Detroit Lions|
|Date of birth:||November 10, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Southfield, Michigan|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school:||University of Detroit (MI) Jesuit|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 5, 2014|
|Stats at NFL.com|
George Winn (born November 10, 1990) is an American football running back for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League (NFL). Winn is a 2008 graduate of the University of Detroit Jesuit High School. He played college football at Cincinnati. He originally signed with the Houston Texans an undrafted free agent in 2013.
On April 28, 2013, He signed with the Houston Texans as an undrafted free agent.
New England Patriots
The Steelers signed Winn to their practice squad on October 22, 2013. He was released on November 19, 2013 and replaced by Ray Graham, another undrafted free agent initially signed by the Houston Texans.
His First Cousin, L. Webber, is the Sister-in-law of Former NBA Superstar Chris Webber
- "Patriots Sign Rookie RB George Winn". patriots.com. Retrieved June 17, 2013.
- Tafur, Vio (October 21, 2013). "Raiders return with offensive line still a mess". The San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Bouchette, Ed (October 22, 2013). "On the Steelers: Mike Tomlin is a man with a plan". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Cowboys fill out practice squad
- Durant to IR; Nevis Among 3 Released; LB Lemon Returns
- Falcons to Have 24 Players in For Tryout
- Wilkening, Mike (July 16, 2014). "Lions add tailback George Winn". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "Cincinnati Bearcats Profile". gobearcats.com.