George Winn (American football)
|No. 44 New York Giants|
|Date of birth:||November 10, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Southfield, Michigan|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||University of Detroit (MI) Jesuit|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 15, 2015|
George Winn (born November 10, 1990) is an American football running back for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Cincinnati. He originally signed with the Houston Texans as an undrafted free agent in 2013. He has also been a member of the New England Patriots, Oakland Raiders, Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys, and Detroit Lions.
On April 28, 2013, Winn signed with the Houston Texans as an undrafted free agent.
New England Patriots
The Steelers signed Winn to their practice squad on October 22, 2013. He was released on November 19, 2013 and replaced by rookie Ray Graham, another undrafted free agent initially signed by the Houston Texans.
During the 2014 offseason, Winn tried out for the Atlanta Falcons, but was not signed. Afterwards, the Detroit Lions signed him on July 16, 2014. He played twelve games for the Lions in 2014, gaining 73 yards on 19 carries. He was placed on the Lions' practice at the start of the 2015 season, but moved to the main club on October 19 after an injury to Zach Zenner.
On September 3, 2016, Winn was waived by the Lions. He was signed to the Lions' practice squad the next day. On September 9, 2016, Winn was released from the Lions practice squad. He re-signed to the practice squad on September 21, 2016, but released on October 3, 2016.
New York Giants
- "Patriots Sign Rookie RB George Winn". patriots.com. Retrieved June 17, 2013.
- Tafur, Vio (October 21, 2013). "Raiders return with offensive line still a mess". The San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Bouchette, Ed (October 22, 2013). "On the Steelers: Mike Tomlin is a man with a plan". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Cowboys fill out practice squad
- Durant to IR; Nevis Among 3 Released; LB Lemon Returns
- Falcons to Have 24 Players in For Tryout
- Wilkening, Mike (July 16, 2014). "Lions add tailback George Winn". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- Birkett, Dave (October 19, 2015). "Lions to sign RB George Winn off practice squad". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- "Lions establish 53-man roster". DetroitLions.com.
- "Lions sign 8 players to team's practice squad". DetroitLions.com.
- "Lions sign OL Chase Farris to practice squad, release RB George Winn". DetroitLions.com.
- "Lions sign RB Mike James to practice squad". DetroitLions.com. October 3, 2016.
- Benton, Dan (December 14, 2016). "Giants sign Adam Gettis to practice squad, terminate contracts of two others".
- Eisen, Michael (December 20, 2016). "RB Shane Vereen, QB Ryan Nassib placed on IR". Giants.com.
- "Cincinnati Bearcats Profile". gobearcats.com.