December 28, 1945 |
George Zebrowski (born December 28, 1945) is a science fiction author and editor who has written and edited a number of books, and is a former editor of The Bulletin of the Science Fiction Writers of America. He lives with author Pamela Sargent, with whom he has co-written a number of novels, including Star Trek novels.
Zebrowski won the John W. Campbell Memorial Award in 1999 for his novel Brute Orbits. Three of his short stories, "Heathen God," "The Eichmann Variations," and "Wound the Wind," have been nominated for the Nebula Award, and "The Idea Trap" was nominated for the Theodore Sturgeon Award.
- The Omega Point (1972)
- The Star Web (1975)
- Ashes and Stars (1977)
- Sunspacer (1978)
- Macrolife (1979)
- A Silent Shout (1979)
- Mirror of Minds (1983)
- The Omega Point Trilogy (1983)
- The Stars Will Speak (1985)
- Stranger Suns (1989)
- Behind the Stars (1996)
- Sunspacers Trilogy (1996)
- The Killing Star (1996) with Charles Pellegrino
- Brute Orbits (1998)
- Cave of Stars (1999)
- Empties (2009)
Star Trek novels
- A Fury Scorned (1996). Co-written with Pamela Sargent. Based on Star Trek: The Next Generation television series.
- Heart of the Sun (1997). Co-written with Pamela Sargent. Based on Star Trek: The Original Series television series.
- Dyson Sphere (April, 1999). Co-written with Charles R. Pellegrino. Based on Star Trek: The Next Generation television series.
- Across the Universe (October, 1999). Co-written with Pamela Sargent. Based on Star Trek: The Original Series television series.
- Garth of Izar (2003). Co-written with Pamela Sargent. Based on Star Trek: The Original Series television series.
- The Monadic Universe (1977)
- Swift Thoughts (2002)
- In the Distance, and Ahead in Time (2002)
- Black Pockets: And Other Dark Thoughts (2006)
- Human Machines: An Anthology of Stories About Cyborgs (1975) with Thomas Scortia
- Tomorrow Today: No. 1 (1975)
- Faster than Light (1976) with Jack Dann
- Three in Space (1981) with Jack Dann and Pamela Sargent
- Creations: The Quest for Origins in Story and Science (1983) with Isaac Asimov and Martin Greenberg
- Synergy: New Science Fiction, Volume 1 (1987)
- Synergy: New Science Fiction, Volume 2 (1988)
- Synergy: New Science Fiction, Volume 3 (1988)
- Synergy: New Science Fiction, Volume 4 (1989)
- Three in Time (1997) with Jack Dann and Pamela Sargent
- Synergy SF: New Science Fiction (2004)
- Beneath the Red Star: Studies on International Science Fiction (1996)
- Skylife: Space Habitats in Story and Science (2000) with Gregory Benford