||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
George Corraface president of the Thessaloniki International Film Festival in 2007.
7 December 1952 |
Georges Corraface (Greek: Γιώργος Χωραφάς, Giórgos Chorafás; born 7 December 1952) is a Greek-French actor. He has had an international career in film and television, following many years in French theatre, notably as a member of the famed Peter Brook Company. His film credits include To Tama, Escape from L.A., La Pasión Turca, Vive La Mariée, Impromptu, Christopher Columbus, A touch of Spice (Politiki Kouzina) and a feature film debut in The Mahabharata. His most famous television appearances include La Bicyclette Bleue, L'Éte Rouge and The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.
Corraface was born in Paris, France. His multi-cultural background enables him to work extensively in French, Greek and English (he is trilingual), as well as in Spanish, German and Italian, with roles ranging from dramatic leads to eccentric characterizations. He is particularly popular in France, Greece and Spain, due to box office hits, critical acclaim, best actor awards and television celebrity he has enjoyed in these countries. Corraface won the International Thessaloniki Film Award for Best Actor in 2001 for To Tama (Word of Honor). He was the president of the Thessaloniki International Film Festival from 2005-2010.
Returning to the stage in Paris, France in 2011, he created the role of Hook in PAN a musical adaptation of Peter Pan directed by Irina Brook. In 2012, Georges Corraface starred in British independent feature film Papadopoulos and sons in which he played the playful and larger-than-life "Uncle Spiros". The film was released in the UK through Cineworld on April 5, 2013.
In 2013, he wrote, directed and played in "Burn Your House"  in Paris based on a selection of works by Nikos Kazantzakis , he participated in The Other Side of Greece  , a series of concerts in Paris, France, Brussels, Belgium, and Athens, Greece, with Filippos Pliatsikas And Babis Stokas and a number of outstanding artists. He received the Nova Award for International Achievement at the 2013 Hellenic Film Academy Awards Βραβεία Ελληνικής Ακαδημίας Κινηματογράφου 
He's currently pursuing his career as an actor, as well as branching out in the area of fiction and documentary film production  .
He lives in Paris, France with his family (Zoe Corraface is an actress/singer and Ilya Chorafas is a documentary filmmaker) and works in film, television, and theatre.
- Lolo, (2015), as Sakis by Julie Delpy
- Promakhos, (2014), as Michel by Coerte Voorhees, John Voorhees
- Ursus, (2014), by Otar Shamatava.
- Joy and Sorrow of the Body, (2013), by Andreas Pantzis.
- Family Harmony, (2012), by Camille de Casabianca.
- Papadopoulos & Sons, (2012), by Marcus Markou.
- The Signature, (2010), by Stelios Haralambopoulos.
- The Prankster, (2010), by Tony Vidal.
- Dangerous Cooking, (Epikindynes mageirikes),(2009), by Vassilis Tselemegos.
- The Ball of the Actresses, (2009), by Maïwenn Le Besco.
- L'Ultimo Pulcinella, (2008), by Maurizio Scaparro.
- Without Borders, (2008), by Nick Gaitatji.
- Chariton's Choir (I Horodia Tou Hariton), (2005), by Grigoris Karandinakis.
- Camille des Lilas et les voleurs d'enfants, (2004), by Jean-Louis Milesi.
- A Touch of Spice “Πολίτικη Κουζίνα”, (2003), by Tassos Boulmetis.
- Reflejos, (2001), by Miguel Angel Vivas.
- Girls Can Get with Anything, (2001), by Charlotte Silvera.
- To Tama(World of Honor), (2001), by Andreas Pantzis.
- Km.0, (2000), by Juan Luis Iborra and Yolanda Garcia Serrano.
- Peppermint, (1999), by Kostas Kapakas.
- Stand-by, (1999), by Roch Stéphanik.
- Préférence, (1998), by Grégoire Delacourt.
- Long Live the Bride and the Liberation of Kurdistan, (1997), by Hiner Saleem.
- Algiers-Beirut: Remembrance, (1997), by Merzak Allouache.
- Escape from L.A., (1996), by John Carpenter.
- C'est la tangente que je préfère, (1996), by Charlotte Silvera.
- Minotaur, (1995), by Jonathan Tamuz.
- Quartet in Four Movements, (1994), by Lucia Rikaki.
- La Pasión Turca, (1994), by Vicente Aranda.
- The Slaughter of Cock, (1993), by Andreas Pantzis.
- Christopher Columbus: The Discovery, (1992), by John Glenn.
- Meine Tochter gehört mir (My Daughter Belongs to Me), (1991), by Viviane Naffe.
- Not Without My Daughter, (1991), by Brian Guilbert.
- Impromptu, (1990), by James Lapine.
- The Mahabharata, (1989), by Peter Brook.
- The French Revolution, (1989), by Robert Enrico and Richard Heffron.
- Death in Paradise, (2015), episode 4.3 by James O'Neill.
- Section de Recherches, (2012), by Eric Leroux.
- Les Associés, (2009), by Alain Berliner.
- Les Amants de l'ombre, (2009), by Philippe Niang.
- Disparitions, (2008), by Bruno Gantillon and Robin Davis - 12 episodes.
- Alex Santana, negotiator, (2002 to 2004), by José Pinheiro.
- The Red Summer, (2002), by Gérard Marx.
- Écoute, Nicolas, (2002), by Roger Kahane.
- L'Emmerdeuse, (2001), by Mickael Perrotta.
- The Blue Bicycle, (2000), by Thierry Binistri.
- The Dispossessed (Les Déracinés), (2000), by Jacques Renard.
- The Teacher, (2000), by Henri Helman.
- Femme d'Honneur, (1999), by Gilles Béhat.
- Toutes les femmes sont des déesses, (1999), by Marion Sarraut.
- Winds of Passion" (Tramontane), (1998), by Henri Helman.
- Only Love, (1998), by John Ermin.
- Algiers-Beirut: A Souvenir, (1997), by Merzack Allouache.
- Une patronne de charme, (1996), by Bernard Uzan.
- Strangers, (1995), by Eleanore Lindo.
- Barrage sur l'Orénoque, (1995), by Juan Buñuel.
- Esperanza, (1994), by René Manzor.
- The Scarlet and The Black, (1993), by Ben Bolt.
- Highlander (Saving Grace), (1993), by Ray Austin.
- Le Château des oliviers, (1993), by Nicolas Gessner.
- Bambino Mio, (1993), by Edward Bennett.
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, (1992), by Mike Newell.
- Le Petit Milliard, (1992), by Pierre Tchernia.
- Palace Guard, (1991), by George d'Amato.
- Inspector Morse, (1991), by Gregg Collin. As Claudio Battisti in Season 6, Episode 3: The Death of the Self
- Runaway Bay, (1991), by Jerry Mill.
- Navarro, (1991), by Patrick Jamain.
- Fly By Night, (1991), by Bruno Gantillon.
- War and Remembrance, (1988), by Dan Curtis.
- La Louve, (1987), by José Giovanni.
- Drifting Cities (Cités à la dérive), (1884), by Robert Manthoulis.
- Les Poneys Sauvages, (1982), by Robert Mazoyer.
- La Crêtoise, (1980), by Jean-Pierre Desagnat.
- Salut Champion, (1979), by Serge Friedman.
- Bunker, (1974), by George Shaeffer.
- Burn your house directed by Georges Corraface at the Maison de la Poésie.
- PAN directed by Irina Brook at the Théâtre de Paris.
- The Mahabharata, by Jean-Claude Carrière, directed by Peter Brook. Avignon Theatre Festival and Théâtre des Bouffes du Nord, European & world tour.
- The Tempest, by William Shakespeare, directed by Peter Brook. Théâtre des Bouffes du Nord.
- Sur le Fil, (On The Tightrope) - by Fernando Arrabal, directed by Pierre Constant. Avignon Theatre Festival: world premiere.
- Sur le Fil, (second version) - by Fernando Arrabal, directed by Jorge Lavelli.
- Blood Wedding, by Federico García Lorca, directed by Telmo Herrera. Lucernaire Théâtre..
- Antony and Cleopatra, by William Shakespeare, directed by Michel Cacoyannis. Athens Festival, with Irène Papas.
- Phedra, directed by Antoine Vitez. Conservatoire National d'Art Dramatique.
- Much Ado About Nothing et Beatrice & Benedicte, by William Shakespeare, combined with the Berlioz Opera, directed by Jean-Louis Thamin. Berlioz Festival in Lyon.
- Dialogue with Leuco, by César Pavese, directed by Antoine Bourseiller. Petit Théâtre de l'Odéon .
- In Memphis, There is a Man of Prodigious Power, by Jean Audureau, directed by Henri Ronse. Théâtre de l'Odéon with Tania Torrens.
- The Taming of the Shrew, by William Shakespeare, directed by Gérard Le Breton, at the Shakespeare Festival. Georges Corraface as Petrucchio..
- The Merchant of Venice, by William Shakespeare, directed by Marcelle Tassencourt. Théâtre Édouard VII & tournée. Georges Corraface as Bassanio.
- The Just, by Albert Camus, directed by Marcelle Tassencourt
- Springtime Awakening, by Franz Wedekind, directed by Pierre Romain. Grasse Theatre Festival.
- Le Bleu du ciel, by Georges Bataille, directed by Serge Martin. Théâtre Malakoff à Rennes.
- Play It Again, Sam, by Woody Allen, directed by Bob Hranichny.
- The Iron and the Rose" (La Rose et le Fer)", by Patrick Schmitt.
- Hello, là-bas, by William Sarroyan, directed by Marcelle Tassencourt.
- International Thessaloniki Film Festival official site, retrieved 4 February 2008.
- The Hollywood Reporter (11 January 2013). "Papadopoulos & Sons - Palm Springs review". Retrieved 10 April 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Georges Corraface.|