|Born||17 September 1870|
|Died||31 August 1942 (aged 71)|
|Cause of death||Struck by a limousine|
|Resting place||Passy Cemetery, Paris|
|Other names||Georges Lakhovski|
|Alma mater||Engineering Institute of Odessa|
|Known for||Multiple Wave Oscillator|
(An alternative medical device)
Georges Lakhovsky (born Georgei Lakhovsky; Russian: Георгий Лаховский; 17 September 1869 – 31 August 1942) was a Belarusian-French engineer, author and inventor. His controversial medical treatment invention, the Multiple Wave Oscillator, is described as having been used by him in the treatment of cancer. The main circuit basically consists of concentric rings forming electrical dipole antennas having capacitive gaps opposing each other by 180° (called Lakhovsky antennas). The circuit is fed with high voltage, high frequency, impulses from a generator, usually a Tesla coil. If set up correctly, the unit is supposed to create a broad band frequency spectrum of low amplitude, consisting of much more substantially lower and higher frequencies, from 1 Hz to 300 GHz, than those of the exciting generator, usually several 100 kHz to a few MHz from a Tesla transformer or several kilohertz from an induction coil. But the power of this broad band noise spectrum is very low. In order to create more harmonics and sub-harmonics, an additional spark gap on the secondary side has been found in some devices, being mounted directly on the antenna, or being mounted in parallel to the secondary coil. None of the claimed benefits and effects for health have ever been proven by modern science.
- The Secret of Life, London: William Heinemann (Medical Books), Ltd., 1939; Modern edition 2007 ISBN 978-142092995-9
- L'Origine de la vie: La radiation et les êtres vivants [The Origin of Life: Radiation and Living Beings] (in French). Paris: Gauthier-Villars. 1925. OCLC 806366827.
- Les ondes qui guérissent [The Waves that Heal] (in French). Paris: C.O.L.Y.S.A. 1926. OCLC 771602260.
- La Terre et Nous (The Earth and Us) (in French) 1933; modern edition ISBN 978-29-5429-444-5
- La civilisation et la folie raciste [Civilization and Racist Madness] (in French). Paris: S.A.C.L. 1939. OCLC 16522791.
- Alternative Medicine
- Hulda Clark
- Electromagnetic therapy
- Energy medicine
- Flexner Report
- Antoine Priore
- Royal Rife
- Farrell, Kevin (1982). "Hyperthermia for Malignant Disease — A History of Medicine Note — the Work of Georges Lakhovsky". Hyperthermia. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. 157. pp. 9–10. doi:10.1007/978-1-4684-4388-2_2. ISBN 978-1-4684-4390-5. PMID 6760702.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Fischoff, Ephraim (1942). "Review: La Civilisation et la Folie Raciste". American Sociological Review. 7 (4): 578–9. doi:10.2307/2085066. JSTOR 2085066.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Adam, Michel; Givelet, Amanda (1936). La vie et les ondes: L'œuvre de Georges Lakhovsky [Life and Waves: The Work of Georges Lakhovsky] (in French). Paris: Etienne Chiron. OCLC 937193037.