Georgetown Brewing Company
The entrance to Georgetown Brewing Company
Georgetown Brewing Company is a brewery in Seattle's Georgetown neighborhood, USA. It originally sold only draft beer and for a time was the largest draft-only brewery in the United States. In May 2017 Georgetown began to offer its Bodhizafa IPA, Lucille IPA, and Roger's Pilsner in 12 oz. cans. The primary brew is a pale ale called Manny's.
The brewery was founded in 2002 by Manny Chao and Roger Bialous. Chao was one of the original employees of Mac & Jack's Brewing Company. Georgetown Brewing Company was started with an initial investment of $200,000. Within its first year, the brewery had broken even with 80 restaurant and bar accounts. It was originally located in a space at the historic Seattle Brewing and Malting Plant, where Rainier Beer was once produced. The company relocated to a larger space in 2008 to increase capacity.
Manny's Pale Ale
Manny's Pale Ale was the first beer offered by the brewery. As of April 2011, it accounted for 85% of Georgetown's business and was available in about 500 bars around Seattle. The company's website describes it as a pale ale with a "rich and complex malty middle with a snappy hop finish."
- Hampson, Tim, ed. (2008). The Beer Book. London: Dorling Kindersley. p. 39. ISBN 978-0-7566-5007-0.
- Tice, Carol (September 14, 2003). "Brewed awakening: Slowing beer sales spur new strategies". Puget Sound Business Journal. Retrieved December 11, 2011.
- McOmbe, J. Martin (January 24, 2006). "Beer Venture Taps into Turn-of-the-Century Georgetown Roots". The Seattle Times.
- Matlick, Justin (September 16, 2007). "Georgetown Brewing Co. Buys Property to Expand". Puget Sound Business Journal. Retrieved October 13, 2011.
- Shmader, David (April 26, 2011). "Ode to Manny's: How Georgetown Brewing Company Came to Make the Best Beer in the Universe". The Stranger. Retrieved December 11, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Georgetown Brewing Company.|
- Georgetown Brewing Company, company website
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|