Georgetown High School (Texas)
|Georgetown High School|
|2211 N Austin Ave.
Georgetown, Texas 78626-4504
|School type||Public high school|
|Motto||Eagle Fight Never Dies|
|School district||Georgetown Independent School District|
|Color(s)||Blue & White|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class AAAAA|
|Website||Georgetown High School|
Georgetown High School is a 5A public high school located in Georgetown, Texas (USA). It is part of the Georgetown Independent School District located in central Williamson County. GHS is a comprehensive high school. The school was a National Blue Ribbon Award winner in 1994-95. The ninth grade center has recently been converted into East View High School. In 2011, the school was rated "Academically Acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency.
The Georgetown Eagles compete in the following sports:
Cross Country, Volleyball, Football, Basketball, Wrestling, Powerlifting, Swimming, Soccer, Golf, Tennis, Track, Softball & Baseball
- Girls Basketball - 
- 1979(3A), 2013(4A)
- Boys Track - 
- One Act Play - 
- 1955(1A), 1958(1A), 1965(2A)
- State Marching Band - 
- 1983(4A), 1984(4A), 1985(4A)
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- 1992(4A), 2003(5A), 2011(5A)
- Boys Soccer
- Mason Crosby, professional American football player
- Taylor Jungmann, professional baseball player
- Corey Knebel, professional baseball player
- Nick Krause, actor
- Andrew McKirahan, professional baseball player
- Brian Anderson (broadcaster), American sportscaster
- "Blue Ribbon Schools Program Schools Recognized 1982-1983 Through 1999-2002" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-06-30. Retrieved 2010-04-08.
- "2011 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- UIL Centennial Webpage Archived March 6, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- UIL Centennial Webpage Archived March 3, 2016, at the Wayback Machine.
- UIL Centennial Webpage Archived June 1, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-01-03. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
- Lahnert, Lance (February 5, 2011). "Special reason to attend". Amarillo Globe News. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- Davis, Danny (May 2, 2012). "Georgetown long on pitching as UIL playoffs open". Austin American Statesmen. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- Harrington, Joe (July 29, 2014). "Corey Knebel: 'I'm excited to finally be back home'". Austin American Statesman. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- Odam, Matthew (November 22, 2011). "Local teen leaves lasting impression in 'The Descendants'". Austin American Statesman. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- Posival, Kevin (May 3, 2008). "Knights fall in bi-district opener". Killeen Daily Herald. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- Sheinin, Dave (December 5, 2013). "Art Briles, Baylor football coach, is a rising star who loves his native Texas". Washington Post. Retrieved April 6, 2015.