Georgetown Township, Vermilion County, Illinois
Location in Vermilion County
|• Total||25.63 sq mi (66.4 km2)|
|• Land||25.6 sq mi (66 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.12%|
|Elevation||669 ft (204 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||308.6/sq mi (119.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 25.63 square miles (66.4 km2), of which 25.6 square miles (66 km2) (or 99.88%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.12%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Danville Township (north)
- McKendree Township (east)
- Love Township (southeast)
- Elwood Township (south)
- Carroll Township (southwest)
- Catlin Township (northwest)
The township contains seven cemeteries: Dukes, Forest Park, Lithuanian, Pleasant Mound, Saints Peter and Paul, Sandusky and Searl.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Archived from the original on 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.