Georgi Gitis in Moscow, 2011
|Born||Georgi Kel'manovich Gitis
March 2, 1977
He is graduate of the Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography in 2001. There he completed his first animated film SemsOrochek (Russian: СемьсОрочек) in cooperation with Liza Skvortsova. In 2002-2004 he worked as a director and animator in the animation TV series Dyatlovy (REN TV Channel), which has won several awards at the Russian animation films festivals.
In 2008-2009 he has worked at Paradise Studio as the director of the animated feature film Priklyuchenya Alenushki i Eremi (which became the first Russian 3D animation film in wide release) and its sequel Novye priklyucheniya Alenushki i Eremy. His Novye priklyucheniya Alenushki i Eremy won the Best Animation Award at the Kinotavrik-2010.
Since 2012 he has worked as executive producer and director at CTB Studio (animated feature films Ku! Kin-dza-dza, Kak poymat pero Zhar-Ptitsy).
- SemsOrochek (СемьсОрочек, 1999); director
- Dyatlovy (Дятловы, 2002-2004); director
- Za sokrovischami (За сокровищами, 2004-2005); director
- Lullabies of the World (Колыбельные мира, 2005-2009); writer
- Priklyuchenya Alenushki i Eremi (Приключения Алёнушки и Ерёмы, 2008); director
- Novye priklyucheniya Alenushki i Eremy (Новые приключения Алёнушки и Ерёмы, 2009); director
- Vse - pobediteli (Все - победители, 2013); director, executive producer
- Ku! Kin-dza-dza (Ку! Кин-дза-дза, 2013); executive producer
- Kak poymat pero Zhar-Ptitsy (Как поймать перо жар-птицы); director, executive producer